t h i r t y

KATHERINE

Me and Draco sit down beside each other, Tom and Marcus in front of us.

"I've changed my mind," he says.

That's when I notice that no one else is here, it's only Voldemort, Tom, Marcus, Draco, me, and Draco's parents.

"Father?" Tom asks.

"Mhm?" He asks turning his head to his son.

"Where is everyone else?"

"It's not a meeting, well only for you children." He smiles.

"What do you mean by that?" Mar asks.

"As I said, I've changed my mind. I don't want Katherine to help you boys with your task anymore. I've created a new task for her, you need to kill a traitor. But it's not quite a normal task I'd assign. You are not allowed magic," he says.

"What do you mean by 'no magic?'" I question.

"It has to be by hand, no magic. You can choose any weapon to use other than a wand."

"And who is this traitor?" I ask.

"He goes by the name Yaxley."

"But father- he is the most noble death eater we've met," Tom says.

"Yes but he has betrayed the dark side by marrying a muggle." His father scoffs.

"When do you want this done, my lord?" I ask.

"By tomorrow night, remember no magic." I nod.

"You're free to go now, all of you." He says and we all apperate back to Hogwarts.

"How am I supposed to kill a man without magic?" I panic as me and Draco walk back to the great hall.

We enter the great hall but the group isn't there anymore, we look at each other before we both realize that they went to the common room. We continue to walk as I rant that I don't know how to kill someone twice my size and age, without any magic.

"Where did you guys go?" Rox asks as we sit down with them on the couches.

"I had period cramps," I say.

"I had to pee," Draco says.

"Uh huh," they say not believing us.

"Blaise?" I ask.

"Yeah?" He asks looking up from picking his nails.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" He nods and I take him outside the common room, we stand in the dungeons hall.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Do you like anyone?"

"Not at the moment, no," he says.

"Okay, another thing. It's kind of an odd question but I need you to answer truthfully."

"Okay..?"

"Would you ever consider dating a man?"

"A-a man? I-I mean..I guess? But it depends who it is." He says.

"Alright thanks." As I'm about to go back inside he grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

"Why Katherine?" He asks, obviously suspicious of me.

"Uh- no reason." I smile.

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Now."

"You don't scare me Mr.Zabini."

"Just tell me."

"I know someone who likes you and they just so happen to be of the male species." I say.

"Actually?" I nod.

"Who?"

"I can't say."

"Well why not?"

"Because they don't want you to know since they weren't sure of you liked them back," I say.

"What house is he in?"

"Gryffindor."

"Just tell me who it is."

"I can't, maybe another day." I pat his shoulder and walk back into the common room.