|15|

Final Days

Kokichi's POV

"What do you want to do?" Shuichi asked me.

"Um...I don't really know, maybe we can just walk around?"

"Yeah that sounds nice." Shuichi said giving me a smile.

We got up from our seats at the table and walked out with a crowd of people. Some people went towards the doors to the court yard and some went towards the stairs but Shuichi and I decide we would start left.

We walked down the silent halls holding hands and exchanging small talk. This part of the school was very over grown because no one used this way often as there were only classrooms. There was small graffiti over the walls with small drawings. The windows were smashed in some parts with vines crawling through them.

"Hey Hey Saihara, why don't you want to hang out with Maki and Kaito?"

"Hm? Oh..well I guess I've been enjoying my time with you."

"Is it just that or are you afraid your bothering them? It's not easy to tell but you've seemed kinda off with them.."

"Well I guess you got it, they've gotten a lot closer like us. I like hanging out with them I just think it's gotta be nice when it's just them together. I think of it how I think of my time with you, I wouldn't want it getting interrupted."

"Oh well that makes more sense. Hey! How about we go sit in a classroom for a bit?"

"Oh sure.."

We walk for a bit longer as we met with the doors to one of the classrooms. It seemed like it hasn't been disturbed since we got here as the only thing out of place was the swung open locker.

We walked in and closed the door. I went to sit down in on of the seats and Shuichi went to examine the locker.

"Why are you looking at the locker? Does this room seem familiar or something?"

"Actually it does, this is the locker I fell out of...see it has marks on the inside from me struggling to get out."

"Oh..could you tell me what happened when you got out?"

Shuichi nodded his head and came and sat down next to me. He put the book he was carrying down on the desk and started talking.

"When the locker was unlocked and I fell the first person I saw was Keade. She helped me up and was just as confused as I was. She talked to me and complemented my talent though I could care less for it."

"That's all boring. when's the exciting stuff happen!?"

"Oh uh we then left the classroom and stuff and I think the first person we met was Tsumugi. She was in a trance or something because she just didn't notice us.." Shuichi quietly laughed. "We then walked around more and met more people. Then we walked into a classroom-"

"Oh! Was it the classroom you found Kiiboy and me in!?"

"Hm? Yeah it was actually...at that point in time I would have never thought I would have grown to love you..."

Shuichi then went on to tell the rest of his story, holding my hand the whole time. I sat through all of it listening eagerly. We talked about smaller things like our family outside the games dome and the memories we recalled from the flash back lights.

"I can't wait for our research labs to be opened, I'm getting kind of jealous watching everyone get their's! If I remember correctly yours hasn't been opened yet had it?"

"No it hasn't yet. To be honest I don't have any idea of what could be in there since my talent seems so straight forward, if anything there will just be a desk maybe a bookshelf.."

"I hope I have the best thrown out there! I might not be a royal ruler but I am the ultimate supreme leader!"

The rest of the day went by faster than expected, ending with us eating dinner outside on a bench watching the sunset

The rest of the days all went the same. We woke up together, I snuck out and got ready, we met in the dinning hall and had breakfast, then we hung out for the rest of the day and then we fall asleep together. Eventually it was the night of the sixth day of the motive.

I sat on the side of the bed taking off my shoes and jacket while Shuichi layed on the bed reading a book. It was so nice getting to fall asleep with someone you loved, it felt so safe and welcoming.

"Hey Hey Saihara...what if we don't make it out....?"

That seemed to grab his attention. He put his bookmark in between the pages of chapter five and crawled over to me.

"What do you mean?" He said rubbing my back.

"What if we don't survive...or what if it's just one of us who does..."

Shuichi looked down at the blanket, thinking.

"Kokichi...look at me please.." he cupped my hand in his like he had done many times before. I promise I'll do anything I can to get us out of here..or at least anything reasonable, ok?"

The possibility of being all alone again terrified me. It just seemed so sad and lonely. Shuichi pulled me into a hug trying to comfort me.

"I promise I won't leave you here alone...I love you Kokichi.."

We stayed like that for a while. Eventually we fell back on the bed and got under the covers, turning the lights off.

"I love you Dearest, goodnight.."

☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

•Total word count : 946•