|12|

☆Confessions☆

Kokichi's POV

"Its because I love you.."

"Wait what..?"

"I love you Kokichi! I really do!"

"Are you sure...?"

"Yes! Of course I'm sure!"

Did my ears deceive me? Did I really just here him say that? I looked back at Shuichi whose face was a deep shade of red. I didn't really know what to say. It's not that I would declined his confession as I had grown to like him as well but, why me?

 What was so special about me? There were many more boys and girls here who were surely better than me, personality and looks. I mean even a robot such as Kiiboy would be better than me.

I didn't really know what to say or how to react. I wanted to tell him I liked him back but I couldn't find the right words. We just kind of...stood there. Eventually Shuichi decided to say something.

"I-I'm sorry I don't know what came over me...I would understand if you didn't accept my feelings...I-"

I cut him off.

"No, Shit...I love you to! I've loved you for a while now! I..just never knew how to get through to you with out just blurting it out and running away!"

"S-so you weren't lying when you told me you loved me all those times during free time!"

"Of course I wasn't! Why would I lie about that?! That would just be foolish!"

We sat in silence for a bit longer. It was quite awkward as neither of us knew what to say. We both stole glance at each other as time passed, both of our faces were blushing messes.

"What do you love about me so much...out of everyone here, why me?"

"Everything! Your beautiful eyes and you bright smile and your amazing personality,  I don't think I could ever just choose one reason..." Shuichi Said.

...

"I really want to kiss you now though I bet that would be weird considering we would technically be kissing ourselves nishishi!"

Shuichi let out a sigh and smiled "I guess you'd be right.."

Shuichi let his hand wipe the small tears of my face. I was so wrapped up in that unexpected confession that I had forgotten what happened previously.

Shuichi's POV

After everything that just happened the day went by fast. Kokichi and I mainly just walked around the school and made sure nobody was planning a murder. We also walked along the court yard, exchanging small, kind gestures like holding each others hand. Everything regarding the killing game had just seemed to disappear. It felt like there wasn't a worry in the world.

As the sun set and the stars emerged we hurried to the dinning hall to eat with the rest of our classmates. We held hands along the way, trading kind smiles. As we opened the doors our friends voices were chattering away and exchanging gossip and information they had discovered. We had separated our hands as we went to our seats at the table. I had just noticed how many empty seats there were. In each one Keade, Rantaro, Kirumi, and Ryoma had sat talking and enjoying meals with us.

Of course, they were vacant now and collecting dust as no one would probably ever sit in them again. I went to sit in between Kaito and Maki but it felt different as they appeared to be Kiibo and Angie.

"How did Monokuma ever come up with such a strange and clever motive?"

I glanced and saw kokichi walk a few seats away on the other side of the table. His seat was next to where Rantaro used to sit and and next to Tenko on his other side. Of course Tenko had appeared as Himiko who scooted her chair away from Kokichi's probably not wanting to sit by a "degenerate male."

I looked around the table and saw smiles on everyones faces assuring me that everything was ok. As we passed the time, waiting for the remaining Monocubs to serve our dinner Kaito, Maki, and I talked.

"Hows a going sidekick! I see you've been hanging out with Kokichi more frequently! Maki-Roll and I saw you guys walking around earlier, You actually seem to be enjoying yourself with him!"

"Huh oh yeah, I'm sorry I haven't been hanging out with you guys."

"Nah your fine! As long as your happy I'm happy!"

"I don't know how your not getting annoyed with him already, it has been several days. I would never be able to do that." Maki said bluntly.

"I don't really know either haha, hes just kinda...grown on me.."

"Uh hu, well I'm glad! Anyway Maki-Roll and I were going to watch a movie together in the AV room later if you want to come!"

Maki slightly agreed after she hid her face in her hair. I turned to look at Kokichi.

"Eh, I'm sorry Kaito I think I'll be a bit busy tonight so I can't join.."

"Its ok Shuichi! You hear that Maki-Roll! Just you and I watching a nice movie together, doesn't that sound like fun!"

"Yeah I guess." Maki said playing with her hair with a slight blush across her cheeks.

Soon our dinner came and everyone stopped talking and started devouring there food like animals!

"Did I miss something today?"

All you could hear in the room was the clanking of the utensils and small chit chat here and there. As I was about to finish my plate I looked over to check on Kokichi. To my surprise his plate was half gone and he was stuffing another bite in his mouth. I smiled to myself and proceeded eating.

Eventually we finnished and we were served with dessert. Everyone started talking more again. Over everything I heard Kokichi taunting and teasing miu. I couldn't help laugh at them. It was nice getting to see Kokichi so happy after everything that has happened.

 Once everyone had finished eating they cleared out of the dinning hall. I stopped Kokichi on his way out the door.

"Hey Kokichi! Would you like to do something tonight?" I said grabbing his hand.

"Um..why not. What do you want to do?"

"...what about we go star gazing, it's a nice out tonight?"

"Sure..sounds nice!"

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

•Total word count : 1,058•