four

Knock Knock Knock

Olivia mumbled something before blinking her eyes open. She sat up and walked to her door as the knocks sounded again, "I'm coming!" She grumbled and peered through the peep hole. She squinted and saw that it was Elliot Stabler, she opened the door with one hand and rubbed her eyes with the other, "Do you know what time it is?" She asked and Elliot nodded, "I know it's late, I'm sorry, can we talk?"

Olivia yawned before she moved aside, letting him walk in. "I'm gonna need some coffee if we're gonna talk at 4:30." She spoke. "I'll make it, you can go sit on the couch." He told her before heading to the kitchen. "Is everything okay El?" She asked.

"I don't know."

"Here," Elliot spoke and handed Olivia a cup of coffee before sitting down next to her. "What happened?" She asked once he had sat down. "I, I know that it probably seems so stupid to come here and tell you this but, Liv I can't stop thinking about you." Elliot spoke and Olivia nearly choked on the sip of coffee she took. "What?"

"I haven't been able to sleep, I haven't been able to function. Ever since the necklace, and our talk and everything and it's been a whole month, I can't stop thinking about you." Elliot spoke and Olivia shook her head running her hand over her forehead. She felt like she was dreaming, she didn't understand what was going on. "What does this mean?"

Olivia watched as Elliot thought for a moment before he reached forward and lightly traced her cheek before he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. Olivia wanted to give in, to kiss him back and pretend that they can just make it work again, that they would be together forever but, she couldn't.

Olivia pulled away and looked down at her lap, "I'm sorry," She whispered and Elliot reached his hand and put it on one of her legs. "I thought that you, I just, after all the conversations and all the looks and the necklace I thought you were in the same place." Elliot spoke and Olivia pressed her lips together and shook her head, "A month ago I was. A month ago, I would give in, I would do this in a heart beat but, I have been working my ass off to get over you." She spoke.

"I have a boyfriend."

***

Elliot felt defeated when he heard that statement, he didn't know Olivia was seeing anyone and this was usually something he noticed. Elliot headed over there without truly thinking about what he was gonna say and when she turned him down, he was shocked. He didn't know what to do, he just got up, apologized and left.

Alexis was at home, in his bed, and here he was, trying to make a move on his ex girlfriend, current partner.

Oh and for icing on the cake she just had a miscarriage.

Elliot sighed as he walked back down to his car and pulled his phone out of his pocket, three missed calls from Alexis. He sighed before pressing the button and calling her back, "Where are you?" She asked from the other end, "I had to," he thought about it for a moment but sighed, "I was at Olivia's. She was in some trouble. She's fine though I'm on my way." He spoke and turned on his car.

"You expect me to believe that Olivia called you at 4:30 in the morning, you who live all the way in Queens with me, rather than call Casey who lives a block away, Fin who is at the station now, or any other damn person?" Alexis responded and Elliot sighed, "I'll be home soon." He said and hung up the phone, taking a deep breath before driving home.

Alexis was up and sitting in the kitchen when he got there, nursing a glass of wine. "You supposed to be drinking?" Elliot asked as he walked in, Alexis rolled her eyes, "Who the hell are you to judge? Not like I'm pregnant anymore." Alexis responded. "Lex-" He began but she cut him off.