㋡𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Magsimula sa umpisa

I don't even cross paths with him anymore.

it must be something else.

are they upset that I stopped coming to the games?

" hey l/n! we haven't seen you in a while? Are you okay?" Shūichi asked and you glanced at him and forced a smile.

"Oh yeh. I'm okay thanks. Sorry for not coming to the matches anymore. I-" you were babbling. telling an excuse that they didn't ask and eventually, Wataru cut you off almost seeming nervous himself.

"Oh no no it's okay. You don't have to explain. Bokuto-san told us you were busy with your assignments. Trust me. We definitely understand" Wataru laughed nervously as he scratched his buzz-cut head.

Bokuto?

"oh...he did" you unintentionally flinched at the sound of his name though you tried to cover it.

of course, he would say that as an excuse. that sounds like a reasonable lie.

I guess.

so confused with how to deal with the new information, you stopped pacing and folded your arms behind you.

"yeh. he said we shouldn't bother you about it because we were going to see if you wanted to come to some of our away games. since we have assignments piling up too it made sense" shūichi explained and you averted your gaze.

is it good that he lied or not? you looked from the ground and back to them respectfully as you tried to leave your thoughts.

I don't know.

"Oh right. We're actually glad you brought up volleyball. why we wanted to speak with you is actually related to that" shūichi's said staring at your e/c eyes with a fixed gaze then added "a favour of sorts" as he looked to Wataru and elbowed him causing the taller boy to cringe.

a favour

"yes a favour" Wataru sent a quick glare to shūichi before sighing. "it's a big favour. from the coach himself...please hear us out l/n"

you felt uneasy before they even uttered it and several times worst by the time it was in the air.

somehow their 'favour' had found you sitting on the sidelines with jittering knees as they warmed up for their match of the evening.

the only coherent thought in the seas in your brain was a question.

'How the hell did I end up here?'

the gist of the matter was that the team needed a manager for the day. a proper manager that could stand-in for their match that evening.

reasons, why the need was so urgent, is because :

• one. they finally realized the new manager's intent since as soon as she was bluntly turned down by the ace, she skipped school and altogether resigned.

on the day of the match at that.

• second. it was noticeable that the impact of his actions made him somewhat upset and it was showing in how he played.

• third. akaashi had caught a cold so he was also absent and not there to get the ace back to normal. since akaashi was the main brain of the team, they'd usually skip having a manager but now they needed someone else to help.

the boys even went as far as to say having you there would be the same as having their second-year vice-captain present.

something about you two being alike other than the fact that you both played the same position might ground him.