Chapter 49 (The Unmasked Cured)

Start from the beginning

"That's my name." Captain Yami lazily looks at William, his cigarette in his mouth, "Good to see you, Feather Face."

"Are you alright, Captain?" A sweet voice asked.

William felt the comforting voice and presence behind him, "Isabella-" He turned only to awe at the blind girl's beauty. She was wearing a beautiful white frock with green linings. Her hairs were in a long braid that rested at her side. Her pure white wings behind her. She wore her Golden Dawn robe above.

 She wore her Golden Dawn robe above

"Uh..." He quickly composed himself, "You're awake?"

Ouch. Lotus thought as he looks at his wound, I thought I can turn things around if I bagged the Golden Dawn Captain. But I guess not. Yami landed behind the tree where Isabella was as she floated above William. The Golden Dawn Captain looks in awe at his young subordinate, Damn, that girl got some serious power. And she of this squad? Lotus noticed Yami, Who would have expected that I have to fight this guy again. And he's even stronger than the last time. Kind a makes me feel like a pitiful old man.

"Think this means you owe me, Vangeance?" Yami said as he faces William and Isabella, who was now standing next to her captain on the branch.

"Thank you for saving me." William nodded. He turned to Isabella, "And thank you for shielding me at the right time."

Isabella gave a light bow, "You're welcome, sir."

William turned to Yami, "So, you read his Qi? Impressive."

Yami turns to Lotus "Hey, old diamond guy that I don't know! You ready to surrender now?"

Isabella's ears perked up to the conversation.

Lotus stood up from his bending position, "Uh come on! You forgot?" He pulled his shirt down a little, revealing a huge scar across his chest, "Here, look!"

William quickly covered Isabella's eyes as he wrapped his hands around her.

"I'm not interested in your nasty man chest pal." Yami pointed his sword with a click towards lotus, "I'll cut you down." He leaped upwards.

"Harsh!" Lotus retorted letting go of his shirt.

Yami was now behind Lotus, on another branch, "You wanna fight? Come at me!"

A sweat appeared on lotus' cheek, "This is a tricky situation. I should handle the Diamond way." He leaped up making Yami look at him. Through the black smoke a cart was made with Lotus, some Diamond Mages and Broccos in his tree form on it "Retreat!" With that, the cart was out of sight.

"Well, he's decisive. Good!" Yami took his cigarette out blowing out some smoke.

"You can let go now." Isabella spoke, still remaining at her position unfazed "It's getting incredibly suffocating."

"Oh!" William just realized and began to let her go, "Sorry."

Isabella holds her head a little and turned to the view of the tree. Through her improved visions, she can see the detail of the tree covered with lush greenery. However, the other surroundings were still black as ever, "What a beautiful sight."