Not Quite Dead Yet

Riley~

Me: Shit, hey we forgot you... On our way back.

Oliver: don't bother

Me: mind if I ask why..?

Oliver: I'll be gone by the time you get back..

Me: don't do anything stupid Olly. Please.

Oliver: too late.

I panicked at the last two words. Too late. What was he talking about, what has he done?! "Luke, step on it!!" The boys all looked at me confused but Luke did what I said anyways.

"It's Oliver. I don't know what he did or what he's going to do but it's not good. We need to get there fast." Mikey took my hand and squeezed it as if he understood. I didn't expect him or any of them to understand but then I remembered Luke.

I remembered Luke. And I remembered Oliver and Martin and I ...and for a second I realized just how fucked up our situation actually is. Constantly worrying, regretting, fearing, everything that happens and the scary but probable realization finally sets in. Maybe Oliver has finally quit the constant battle against himself. Like Martin.

"Riley? Come on, snap out of it!" Mikey called after me, the boys were already out of the car and I jumped out after them.

"Olly?!"

"Oliver!!!"

"Olive!!"

Our screams echoed throughout the house but all we got in return was a deafening silence. We all split up in different directions to try and find him, if he was even in the house.

Luke~

"Oliver!! Where are you mate?!" I ran into his room and tried opening the bathroom but it was locked. I kicked it hard a few times and it finally broke open. Deep down I knew I would see him lying there but a part of me still had hope.

Yet, there he was. Lying on the tiled floor of the bathroom, an empty bottle of prescription sleeping pills in between his unresponsive cold fingers.

My heart sank and my breath was caught in my throat as I dropped to my knees, pressing my fingers against his neck. There was a pulse. A very weak, faint pulse, but still as pulse. That meant there was still a chance.

"He's in here, he's barely alive!! Call the ambulance!!" My voice sounded hoarse and raspy as I lifted him up in my arms and leaned him over the bathtub.

I stuck my fingers down his throat and he woke up, puking out his stomach for a while. I grabbed the letter and squished it into my back pocket seconds before Riley and the guys barged in.

Riley took my place and I just sat back, watching her. She wrapped her arms around his still puking body and leaned her head on his back. Her tears made a big dark spot on his shirt.

"I am so sorry Oliver. You're still alive, please don't leave me. Please don't ever leave me Oliver. I love you so fucking much." He was done puking and she cradled him in her arms until the ambulance got here.

They got him on the stretcher and as much as they protested, we all got in the ambulance with him. Tears were streaming down his cheeks but his face was so blank. So empty.

Oliver~

It was an easy, pain-less way to go out. But of coarse, Luke fucking Hemmings shows up and shoves his fingers down my throat. Now I'm here.

Hazy, unfamiliar faces and bright lights. The nauseating smell of alcohol scrubbed hospital floors burned my nostrils as I breathed. In and out. In and out.

Everything was already going pretty terrible but somehow it managed to get a lot worse when some nurse jammed a long tube down my throat. It had some gooey disgusting liquid coming out of it which made me puke like there was no tomorrow.

I had only seen it in Law & Order once before. Stabler's daughter overdosed on some pills and they did the same exact thing to her. They called it 'flushing'. It just made me wish I was dead even more.

I didn't have the heart to see Riley or any of the boys. I know it's selfish of me to leave her alone but I don't want to be alive anymore. Im staying because of her and sometimes she's just not enough to motivate me to open my eyes in the mornings, let alone breathe.

I looked around the spinning room and to the needle implanted in my wrist. Sedatives, I assume. It was good whatever it was.

The nurse walked in and I guess he didn't expect me to be awake because he called for the doctor and she rushed in behind him.

"Oliver? Hi, I'm doctor Mark. How are you feeling?"

"Um, pretty shitty Dr. Mark." She laughed softly but it wasn't genuine. She pitied me and it was obvious.

"Can you maybe not let my sister Riley in please. Not yet." My speech was slow and slurred but she understood.

"Sure sweetie, is there anything else you need?"

"Just tell me what you've done to me."

"Well we flushed you out, got the pills out of your system, put you on some sedatives for your own protection, and we're admitting you to a hospital for surveillance."

"How long?"

"48 hours but your dad decides on whether you go for longer or not."

I nodded and she left me alone with my thoughts. Im fucked. Dad's putting me in the hospital until I'm old enough to sign myself out, I know it and so does Riley. She can't save me this time.