Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Hive minds?" Steve echoed.

"It's a collective consciousness, like a super organism." Genie said.

"And the shadow monster, the thing that controls everything is the brain." Mike added.

Dustin looked up with wide eyes, "Like the mindflayer."

"The what?" Max and Steve asked in unison.

"Oh you are so uncultured." Genie sighed, patting her brother on the shoulder.

Dustin stood up and grabbed Will's book of D&D characters and creatures, gesturing to a picture of the mind flayer.

"What the hell is that?" Hopper asked.

"It's a monster from another dimension," Dustin started his explanation and Genie saw Hopper roll his eyes, "It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. Okay, it enslaved other dimensions using its highly developed psionic powers."

"Oh my God, none of this is real. This is a kids game!" Hopper seemed frustrated.

"No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids. And unless you know something we don't, this is the best metaphor," Dustin argued.

"Analogy," Corrected Lucas.

Dustin rolled his eyes at him, "Analogy?  That's what you're worried about?  Fine, it's the best analogy for understanding whatever the hell this thing is."

"Right, this mind flamer thing-"

"Flayer," Dustin interrupted, "Mind Flayer."

"What does it want?" Nancy finished.

"To conquer us.  It basically thinks it's the master race."

"Like the Germans?" Steve asked and Genie sighed in sisterly disappointment.

"The Natzis, Steve. You mean the Natzis." She swivelled around to face him. Steve huffed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Natzis."

"Uh, if the Natzis were from a parallel dimension, totally! It sees other races as inferior." Dustin shrugged.

"It wants to spread and take over our dimension." Mike said.

"We're talking about the destruction of our world as we know it." Added Lucas

"That's great, that's great.  That's really great!" Steve sarcastically fumed.

"Okay, so this is like a brain and if we kill it we kill everything it controls?" Nancy asked

"We kill everything it controls." Mike nodded.

"And we beat that bitch ass shadow spider." Genie said enthusiastically.

After a few more minutes of the others arguing, they came up with a solution.  They boarded up the shed and moved Will into it with a light.  Genie stayed inside the house as they carried him into the shed.

"Genie, are you coming?" Mike asked.  The corners of her mouth twitched downwards and she shook her head.

"I can't face him." She sighed, "I don't want to see him, not like that."

Mike stayed silent for a moment, "You could talk to him through your mind.  That way you don't have to face him."

Genie thought it over before nodding.

"Sure, that'll work."

And the plan commenced.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Helphelphelp
I have a crush on a real person
*collective gasp*
And he's a straight, white douche.
I WANT TO GET OVER HIM BUT I ALSO DONT BECAUSE I REALLY LIKE HIM AND I NEED HELP.

Sorry I go to y'all for advice because my friends can never know about this crush.  Ever.

See you in part two <3