27

donghyuck was the first to wake up, just like always. he quickly got out from under mark's arms, unsure as to how he ended up there when last he remembered they were awkwardly avoiding each other but not minding.

just like he always did, he started making them breakfast, pancakes and bacon. it was all of their favorites. it was also pretty much the only thing they all agreed on.

he was silently humming when he heard footsteps enter the kitchen. "morning, hyuckie." renjun and jaemin said in unison sitting at the kitchen island.

"morning, jaem, junnie." he smiled sadly, admiring the sight of his best friends in their pajamas, hair messy and eyes red.

"do you know what time we're leaving?" jaemin asked, stealing a piece of already cooked bacon.

"9am. it's about 7:00 right now." he answered sadly. he wasn't sure how him and jaemin were going to last in prison.

"2 hours..." renjun grumbled sadly, leaning his head in the cold countertop.

soon, they were all sat at the kitchen table, in the order they always sit, laughing and joking. donghyuck and mark had put aside the awkwardness for that last hour they had as the seven of them.

"you know, we need a group name! something that we will be known by!" jisung said, taking a large bite out of his pancake.

"why would we need that?" mark laughed, looking at the boy sat next to him.

"because! in thirty years when people hear about good old nct mental hospital, we will be the group they talk about!" jisung exclaimed as if it was obvious.

"okay, and what would it be, oh wise one?" donghyuck teased, sticking his younger out at the youngest.

"i don't know." he pouted, stuffing another bite of pancake in his face.

"the dreamies." jeno said, smiling at his friends.

"huh, dreamies...i like it." chenle smiled at the elder.

"then it's decided, as of today, we are the dreamies." jisung announced proudly.

his smile quickly dropped when he was reminded of the 20+ bags in their living room, and the sympathetic knock at the door.

"hi, kun-hyung." he welcomed sadly, seeing the rest of the boys rides, including the seoul police department behind him.

"look, at lest you'll see chenle a lot! i'm dating his legal guardian, and we're only in thailand for a year." ten tried to comfort as they sat outside the airport gate.

"it's not the same." jeno groaned, picking at the wheels on his wheelchair.

"i know buddy...i'm sorry it has to be this way." ten sighed, rubbing his brothers back.

"mark-mark!" johnny shouted at the male who was zoning out.

"yeah, hyung?" he snapped his head at johnny who was in the drivers seat of the car.

"you okay?" johnny asked, looking at the younger sadly.

"i really fucked things up with hyuck." he sighed, leaning back in his seat. "i'm taking a nap now, hyung."

"mark, we're here." johnny laughed lightly, parking the car and popping the trunk to get his bags out.

"okay well i'm taking a nap when we get inside." mark rolled his eyes, grabbing a suitcase.

"i have long shifts at the club, you'll probably be alone most of the time, but our neighborh, mrs. kang, will always have a meal for you at 6pm. just walk over to her house." sicheng explained as they started to drive to itaewon.

"okay, hyung." jisung sighed, closing  his eyes.

"it's about thirty minutes to get to our apartment in this traffic, take a little nap. jaehyun might come visit later." sicheng smiled, looking at the younger softly.

"night, hyung." jisung said, although it was currently 10 am.

"these cuffs feel tighter than normal." jaemin commented as him and donghyuck were stuffed in the back of a police car.

"they kinda do." donghyuck said, leaning his head on jaemins shoulder, tired as he had been crying earlier.

"we're here, hyuck." jaemin said after about ten minutes.

"lee donghyuck, cell number 13. na jaemin cell number 20." the officer spoke, having two other officers escort them.

this was the first time donghyuck and jaemin were in different cells.

on the plane, chenle was a mess, and kun didn't know what to do, they were heading back to bejing, and renjun and limei were heading back to shanghai.

"lele, calm down angel. please." kun begged, wiping the boys tears.

"they mean so much to me, kun-ge." chenle whimpered, trying not to be loud on the plane.

"i know angel. i know. just rest for now yeah? we have a lot to do when we get home." kun smiled, caressing chenle's face.

"they're my home." chenle mumbled before trying to drift off to sleep.

renjun was actually surprisingly calm on the flight back to shanghai, he was drawing most of the time. listening to limei babble about her girlfriend, and how they were gonna get renjun a phone when they got back to shanghai.

but his heart was yearning for jaemin and jeno. the thought of his jaemin stuck in a prison cell for the next year and a half. and his jeno, in thailand with only ten (who although renjun loved, did not trust with his babies feeding tube) to help him around.

it's been about four years since the hospital shut down.

lee donghyuck and na jaemin were released from prison two years ago, but they never see each other anymore.

lee jeno decided to stay in thailand when ten moved back, he had gotten a job helping an elderly lady run a restaurant and his disorder had improved immensely.

lee mark moved back to canada about 6 months after moving in with johnny, no one has heard from him since. but he did finally realize why dr. lee and dr. kim made them do what they did.

zhong chenle had found himself a small apartment in bejing above a coffee shop that he worked at.

huang renjun became a successful artist in bejing, and became well known for breaking gender roles. although his life has moved on quite a bit, he still had the one folder in that one drawer titled the dreamies.

park jisung, well, he lived in itaewon for a while, he quickly got pulled back into the drinking and drugs scene and moved out of sicheng's when he became legal.

none of the dreamies have talked since the day nct mental hospital closed.

oh and jaemin did get his twenty dollars.

the end
a/n : sequel titles "the dreamies" is on my profile. (sequel is finished)