19

there he was, huang wenyan. of course, he had three police men behind him, and guilty looking doctors. everyone came from their respective places, (excuse jeno who was still on bed rest.) 

"what is he doing here?" renjun shouted at dr. kim. "get him out! i don't want him here!" 

"mr. huang, this man is still your father. he has every right to be here." the police officer spoke calmly, too calm for anyone's liking. 

"this man is not my father. he isn't my guardian, he isn't even in the list of people who could be my guardian, i do not want him around me, or jisung, or anyone for that matter. get him out!" renjun yelled, tears streaming down his face. 

"jisung?" wenyan questioned, eyebrows furrowed together. he hadn't heard that name in a long time. 

"wh-what about jingyi?" he said, trying to spot jisung in the group of boys. 

"you killed him." there was jisung, head hung low, his normal cocky personality and stance wiped away, and instead the small, frail and feeble park jisung. 

"you're the one who killed him, park jisung." wenyan hissed, trying to step towards the boy. 

"get out!" it was mark who yelled. it was mark who was fuming. these six boys, they were the closest thing he had to family since johnny and jaehyun. no one would hurt them more than they already had. 

"mr. huang, i think it's time for-" dr. kim started, seeing the distress among the boys. 

"i want my son. i'm not leaving without my son." wenyan insisted, looking at renjun. "my little painter." 

"wenyan, i am the one who was supposed to be the painter, i was not supposed to be the canvas. the canvas for your rough hands at that fucking kitchen knife," renjun was yelling, slowly yet angrily unbuttoning his baby blue shirt, "look at what you did to me! you think that your stupid voice, stupid face, stupid words, don't haunt my every move! i can barely touch my boyfriends without a memory of you shaking down my spine! you have me huang wenyan, you have me under your wraps just like you always wanted." 

for the first time, the boys saw what wenyan did to renjun, and it was so much worse than they thought.  sobs were shaking renjun's body, and jisung did the unthinkable. 

there jeno layed, hoping that nothing bad was happening outside of that door, but something just didn't feel right. 

before jisung ran out, they were talking more, about the fear that cursed jisung's tiny frame. and jeno was thinking, thinking about what that boy hadn't told them yet, becaue they knew more about jisung than anyone else, but he was definatley still hiding something. 

you see, before meeting these six boys, jisung hadn't shared anything. he had been there for aproximatley, six months, but he didn't udder a word about what or who happened to him. he would be a brat, try and run away, escape to do anything to get back to the only person he really trusted anymore, dong sicheng, his caretaker. 

but now, these six boys had cracked open jisungs wall he worked so hard building. it reminds him of a saying, his mom used to say, before she left. 'rome wasn't built in a day, but it burned in one.' 

the six boys were walking torches to the rome built around jisung's past. 

chenle wanted kun. he wanted his older brother who treated him with the world, because profanities were being thrown everywhere, people were moving all around them, sobs echoed in his brain, and his ears were ringing. he wanted kun, yangyang, hendery, hell even xiaojun. but he just wanted the people who made him feel safest. 

he was already having a bad day before wenyan showed up, he onluy got out of bed to support renjun and jisung, and he was highly regretting it. he wanted to hide in his bed, for hours, days, weeks. because whatever the hell was happening in front of him, was terrifying. 

jisung did the unthinkable, he stepped in front of renjun, in front of mark and donghyuck, in front of jaemin and chenle, and stood, face to face with huang wenyan. he stared the man dead in the eyes, he had grown quite a bit since he lost saw wenyan. and as he stood there, looking  the man who shattered him. he felt power, surging through his body, the fear being overtaken. 

wenyan was confused on multiple things, why his son and jisung were in the same facility, why the small korean boy he once knew, was now a tall yet frail boy, with skin to pale for his own good, was walking towards him with anger when all he knew from the boy was fear. 

and why this boy, who he murdered his son because of, looked him dead in the eyes and uddered words wenyan thought he would never here come out of his mouth, the police escorting him quickly after, and jisung standing proud. 

jisung stood, facing wenyan, his chocalate orbs, following his every move and he did it, the unthinkable. 

"fuck you, huang wenyan."