16

jeno sighed as he and the boys sat in the hospital waiting room. he knew what was gonna happen and he wasn't looking forward to it. the others had been informed of what was going to happen too.

"it's okay hyung. we will take care of you until you get better!" jisung said trying to be positive as they took jeno to give him his feeding tube.

"thanks sung." he mumbled, shakily walking with the doctor.

while jeno was getting his tube out in for the second time, the others were talking to a nurse who was explaining how to use and clean a tube.

they were all paying a lot of attention. well except mark.

mark was still thinking about the park, of course he was concerned for jeno. jeno was practically his child and he was hoping the boy would be better soon.

but his mind was more focused on lee donghyuck. he knows he should be paying attention but all he can think about is the way donghyucks voice sounded, how warm his body was when they fell asleep last night, how normal it felt to be with him.

about how he hadn't felt that way for a long long time. since mina.

no, now wasn't the time to think about mina mark focus on jeno.

"okay, boys. you can go back to the waiting room, your friend will be done soon, he will be in a wheelchair, we will have you return at his removal appointment." the nurse smiled walking away.

"he'll be okay. he just needs some help right now." donghyuck comforted jaemin and renjun. meanwhile jisung and chenle had gone to get a wheelchair.

"you okay, hyung?" jaemin asked, looking at the older sweetly.

not only did it make mark flustered, it made donghyuck frustrated. jaemin had hardly spared him a glance in the past three weeks but suddenly he knows when everyone else is off.

"nana, can we go speak?" donghyuck said, voice laced with frustration.

"and then there was two." renjun mumbled, standing up and sitting next to mark.

"hyuck, huh?" he smiled, remembering he had said the same thing to chenle earlier.

"yeah...wait huh?" mark snapped out of it staring at the boy.

"you look at him like he is the whole word, hyung. it's obvious." renjun smiled, patting the elder on the shoulder.

"he's just a friend." mark said, looking at  renjun confused.

"you know how jisung looks like chenle?" renjun said, mark nodding slowly. "you look at hyuck the same way."

"no i do-"

"you do." renjun interrupted.

"admit it hyung. you like hyuck. there's nothing wrong with that. but be careful with him okay? jaem talks about him a lot, he's had a tough past, just like you."

"i...i'm...you're right, he's the whole world. i will do anything for him."

"what's wrong hyuckie?" jaemin asked confused as donghyuck dragged him into a hallway.

"nana, answer me honestly, okay?"

"okay."

"am i not worth it to you anymore?"

"hyuck, what do you mean?"

"am i not worth the burden of caring for anymore, na jaemin?"

"you aren't a burden hyuck, we've been over this..." jaemin sighed, hyuck getting off his schedule really affected him.

"are you sure? because you seem to not care anymore."

" lee haechan donghyuck. what did you just say?"

"it's obvious jaem! you don't care about me anymore! i'm nothing to you!." donghyuck shouted, tears pooling in his eyes.

"hyuckie, what would ever ever make you think that? you are the only family i have, you have been with me through everything, you are so important to me donghyuck." jaemin said, eyes starting to pool tears as well.

"it's-it's just, i haven't been doing well jaem...and-and you've been so busy with jeno and renjun and that's fine i mean they're your boyfriends. they should be your top priority but-but it's like we don't even know each other jaem...i just want my nana back." donghyuck sobbed, jaemin pulling him in for a hug.

"i'm sorry i've been so distant hyuck. jeno's eating hasn't been good, but that doesn't excuse me ignoring you. you're my family hyuckie. i will always be your nana. if you need me, tell me. i will always be by your side." jaemin said, donghyuck nodding in his shoulder.

"o-okay." donghyuck said lifting his head and wiping his eyes.

"i'm sorry you've been hurting so much. you can always come to me....or mark..." jaemin teased, trying to lighten the mood.

donghyuck blushed, lightly punching jaemin's shoulder.

"come on, let's go back to junnie and mark. renjun has been wanting to talk to mark anyways so you and i can talk more." jaemin smiled.

"yeah, let's do that." donghyuck smiled, the two walking back to the waiting room.

"family." jaemin reminded.

"family."