"What happened?!" Nesta exclaimed, taking the dress from Gwyn's hands and sweeping her eyes across it from top to bottom.

"I don't know! I came back from service and opened my cupboard to get the dress ironed and saw that it was shredded!" 

Azriel raised his eyebrows at the anger in Gwyn's voice.

"Who's the suspect?" He inquired, and received glowers from both of the girls. 

"Azriel's taking me to Mor so that I can get a gown. You can come along too." Nesta told her without asking Azriel, and then she jumped into his arms again. 

"Can you hurry your lazy ass?!" Nesta practically shouted in his ear, and wincing, he jumped up into the air. 

Nesta's arms tightened around him as he flew downwards really fast, and she slapped at his neck where she was clutching him tightly when he made to go even faster.

"Do not!" She hissed, and fighting the smile on his lips, he winnowed the rest of the way to the town house where Mor was staying.

Then he went to get Gwyn.

When he landed smoothly on the balcony, Gwyn walked to him and uncomfortably put her arm around his neck. Ignoring the slight change in the beating of his heart, he picked her up and pulled her flush against his body.

He them murmured hold on against her ear, and ignoring the slight satisfaction he felt at her shiver, he launched up into the cool air. She immediately tightened her arms around him, and buried her head in his shoulder, her heart pounding against him. There was a slight stutter in his pulse then, which he also ignored.

He shot downwards and, instead of winnowing, decided to fly her the entire way.

As he swerved into an updraft, Gwyn's knuckled brushed the inside of his wing and he shuddered against her. "Sorry!" She squealed embarrassedly and Azriel slowed down his pace slightly, goosebumps on his arms.

"My wings are very.. sensitive." He said tightly, uncomfortably.

"I know." She said, red faced. "Nesta told Emerie and I about how she makes Cassia-" She shut her mouth, pink on her cheeks. Azriel had to pinch his lips together then, to avoid the laugh that was bubbling in his throat. 

"I see." He said, and the corners of his mouth turned up when he saw her blushing profusely.

"Go faster." She mumbled, looking over at Velaris.

Azriel obliged, gliding through the air with no more talking between them. They flew towards the heart of Velaris, and as they reached the town house, Gwyn's shoulders started shaking in silent laughter.

"Look." She pointed, and Azriel looked downwards to see Nesta banging on the front door of the town house, and as Azriel flitted downwards, they heard another female voice yelling from the inside.

Gwyn and Azriel looked at each other simultaneously, both of their lips pinched together as they repressed their laughs. 

Just then he realized how close they were, Gwyn's smiling flushed face right in front of his. All he had to do was move slightly to get their lips touching and as Gwyn's heartbeat changed, and the smile started to go from her face, and as Azriel leaned forward just a millimetre, Gwyn looked away. 

He immediately closed off, the laughter gone from his face.

 Was he so desperate for love that he was gonna start kissing each and every one of his friends? Was this how low he had stooped over the past few days?

There was a churning hole in his heart, a deep and empty abyss. He landed on the ground fluidly, dropped Gwyn, and said to Nesta, "I'll tell Rhys to pick you girls up after an hour." 

Nesta waved a hand at him in dismissal as Mor finally opened the door with Elain behind her. This was the first time he was looking at her since Solstice, and he realized he missed her. Not only did he want her, but he also missed her quiet, soothing company. As Elain met his eyes, and as her mouth opened to talk to him, Gwyn's fingers brushed his arm in concern, clearly oblivious to his inner turmoil.

He looked towards her, keeping his face blank of any emotion, and her teal eyes looked at him in concern.

"I'm gonna go now." Was all he said before he launched up into the air, ignoring Elain's shouted "Wait!"

He looked back once to see both girls looking up at him flying away, one wistful and the other concerned.

And then not turning back again, he went to oversee the preparations of the mating ceremony, Gwyn's faint vanilla and rosy scent lingering on his clothes.

Word Count: 1504

This was a random chapter lmao. I didn't really like Gwyn's gown and I wanted Nesta and Azriel content because I absolutely love their friendship, so I wrote this.

Anyways, do you guys want a chapter dedicated to the girls getting ready for the ceremony together or should I skip that..? I kinda want to write it but if u guys want me to skip out on it, I'd do that.

And I have hit 5K VIEWS. That's unbelievable! Never thought that would happen to me! Thank you guys!!

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!

-BookAddict79