Immediate3ly, I picked up the call. "Calina? Is that you?"

"Yes," I heard her voice from the other end of the line, making let out a deep sigh of relief, getting up from the couch with the phone to my ear.

"Where are you? Are you safe? Do you want me to come and pick you up?" I asked hoping she would tell me her location.

"Yes, I am safe, and no, I don't want you to come and pick me up, I got it all sort out," she told me, making me frown.

"Sort out? How?" I asked, walking up and down. "Let that be my concern," she muttered shortly. "Your concern? Sugar, I am worried sick here--"

"You don't have to, I called you to tell you not to worry about me, I am getting everything sort out slowly--"

"I don't think so sugar," I interrupted her, "listen, your street footages are getting erased by someone, even I can't find you, you have to--"

"I know they are getting erased," she claimed, confusing me. "What?" I asked with a mutter. "They are getting erased for my safety, to get off the people off my back who are chasing me," she explained.

"By who? With who are you Calina?" I asked her, alarmed that she sought protection in the wrong place.

"Someone who'll protect me," she mumbled. "I could protect you too!" I snapped frustrated.

"I know, but I don't want you to, I don't want to put your life in danger, your family needs you," she told me, making me sigh.

"With who are you Calina?" I asked once again, placing a fist against the wall near me, hoping the cold cement would help me to cool down a little.

"I am safe, that's all you have to know, don't worry about me anymore," she told me. "Don't tell me not to worry about you!" I huffed.

"Please come back ..."

"I can't, I don't want to put you in danger! Why don't you understand?" she asked me with a sigh. "I don't need to understand that bullshit." I pleaded.

"Goodbye, Adrian, and have a happy life, and forget about me, I am gone, and happy, be happy too instead of mourning after me."

Then, she ended the call. "Calina? Lina?" I asked, screaming frustrated, punching the wall next to me, slumping against it, not accepting the fact she left me, her brother.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" Emma asked, appearing from the hall, entering the living room. Looking at her, I shook my head, muttering the three words I didn't want to believe,

"She's gone."

"What do you mean she's gone?" she asked me, approaching me, crouching next to me.

"Gone, left without any trace, like a ghost," I muttered. Biting her lip, she looked at me, before hugging me, mumbling, "We'll find her--"

"I can't, I tried too hard, but she left like a ghost, she left us."

Sighing, she hugged me tighter, as I wondered who was helping her.

To who did you go Calina?

IN THE MEANTIME

Calina's pov

Emotional.

That's how I felt after the call. I wanted to cry as I heard his broken voice, pleading me to come back, but I couldn't go back. I didn't want to put him in danger. If something happened to him, I couldn't forgive myself.

And I would rather have the pig before me paying for my mistake than Adrian. I looked at Raphael, who was staring at me callously. I didn't know if he was mad at me. There was no trace of emotion on his features when he looked at me. He really was still the same. The same callous man.