Chapter 22: Sports Festival pt:2

The lunch break ended and the students got back onto the field.

"Get those foam fingers in the air! It's almost time for the last round! But before that, good news for everyone who didn't make the finals. Since this is a Sports Festival, we prepared some super fun side games everyone can participate in! We even brought in cheerleaders from America to get your blood pumping!" Present Mic yelled.

"Huh-?"

"Hold on!"

"What are they doing?"

"Looks like class 1-A is goin' full-on fan service!"

Aluna walked onto the field in her uniform, whistling to herself until she chocked on her spit and started coughing uncontrollably.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WEARING?!" Aluna tried to speak as she rushed over to her female classmates.

"Hey! Why aren't you in an outfit?!" Jirou yelled.

"Umm I was eating Lunch with my brother and as trying to prepare for the finals. My question still hasn't been answered. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WEARING?!" Aluna yelled the last part still confused.

"We let Toru talk us into the cheer battle."Momo whimpered and put her head on Aluna's shoulder.

"Toru whyyyyy." Aluna whispered.

"I even used my Quirk to make these outfits." Momo cried.

"Ugh, I hate this." Jirou threw her Pom Poms on the ground.

"Come on! Make some memories! Just roll with it!" Hagakure said and waved her Pom poms around.

"Are you crazy!" Jirou yelled at her.

"Wow, Toru. You've got skills." Tsu praised.

"Have fun competing in these little side games, everyone! After they're over, the 17 students from the top five teams will be duking it out one-on-one in a tournament-style fighting competition! I promise you're not gonna want to miss these epic match ups!"

"Aw, yeah. Finally gettin' the chance to show what we're made of. I watch these finals every year and now I'm actually in them." Kirishima said excited.

"So wait. Is it always a tournament?" Mina asked.

"The finals are always a one-on-one competition. But they switch it up every time. Last year it was a foam sword-fighting match." Sero explained.

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against. Then enjoy the plethora of recreational games before we start. The 17 finalist have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle. I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first place team." Midnight walked to where Aluna was standing before Ojiro raised his hand.

"Um. Excuse me. Sorry. But I'm withdrawing."

Everyone gasped and turned to him.

"Ojiro, no way!" Deku looked at him.

"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted." Iida added.

"It just wouldn't be right. I barely remembered anything from the Cavalry battle until the very end of it. I...think it's that guy's Quirk." Ojiro pointed to Shinsou.

Aluna looked at him and he looked away.

'So it is a mental Quirk." She furrowed her brows at him.

"I know this is a great opportunity. I wish I could take advantage of it. But my conscience won't let me." Ojiro clenched his fist.

"Just think about this." Deku pressed on.