Chapter 7: First Day Friends

Aluna

First day at U.A. The day me and my brother have been waiting for since we were six. This is real. This is real life. But I guess I should revel in it since I worked so hard to get here.

I wake up at 7 a.m to my alarm. The ring reverberated throughout my room as I rolled out of bed onto my floor.
A large thud was heard from the wall in front of me, so I assumed Katsuki was up too.

I got up and got my uniform from the desk chair and laid it out on my bed. I stood there and looked at it for a second.

"I'm a U.A student. I go to U.A...crazy."

I sighed, cringing at my giddiness and skipped to my door. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and stared at myself in the mirror. Brushing your teeth gives you time to think, assuming you aren't distracted. It's like a visual diagnostic. The pry at your face positivity or negatively. Give you ideas for change.

"I want a haircut." I spit out my toothpaste and washed out my mouth. My idea for change. Wonderful.

I put that thought in a mental drawer of things I want to ask my parents about and got going.

I took a quick shower and used the bathroom before going to put on my uniform. As I passed Katsuki in the hall, we didn't exchange words, just high-fived like we usually did.

I got to my room, put on the uniform, and sat down at my vanity to do my hair. I just wrestled it up in a high ponytail and let my curls fall on my forehead. I fought of feelings of nervousness as I put on my accessories, moisturized my face, and watched as the time on my watched ticked closer to the time to leave.

But picking out my shoes would give me a spike in serotonin. Now, this is tricky because...I am a sneakerhead. I have way too many shoes. I have an unhealthy amount of shoes. That and hoodies. Way too many. I have a problem and admitting it is the first step to healing, I hear. I am worried about my mom cause she entertains this obsession.

But it's an addiction.

After staring at the wall of shoes for a bit, I asked for a second opinion.

"Katsuki!" I yelled peeking my head out the door.

"What?" He yelled back from his room.

"Shoe assistance, por favor!"

"Coming!"

I left my door open and returned to my closet. A few moments later, my brother appeared next to me staring at my closet as well.

"Ummmmmm....green and white Nike airs." He decided, walking out of my room. So decisive. So assertive. I'm envious.

"Gracias!" I yelled after him

"Yep!"

I slipped them out of their cubby hole and held them in my hand while grabbing my ring, phone, backpack, and AirPods.