Chapter 50: Provisional License Exams pt.1

"Ughhhhhh! Does it have to be this hard?" Mina groaned and threw her head back on the common room couch.

The girls were sitting in the common room, chatting away the early afternoon hours. Momo had a single cube seat, while beyond else took the two sofas. Aluna was on the floor, hunched over the coffee table working on something.

"Well, it's not called intensive training for nothing." Hagakure sighed.

"That's true. But it's strange to think there's only a week before the exam." Momo said with perfect posture.

"Yao-momo, how's your ultimate move coming?" Hagakure chirped.

"There's something I really want to do, but my body is just not ready yet. I need time to develop my quirk and improve my general endurance." Momo inquired.

"How about you Tsu?" Hagakure turned to her.

"I've perfected a move that Aluna helped me with. It makes me even more froglike than before. I'm sure even you'd be surprised, Toru." Tsu smiled and played with the straw on her strawberry milk.

"Always here to help." Aluna made finger guns and continued to try and fix one of her brother's suit components. One of his mini grenades stopped working and he couldn't figure it out. Aluna was the next best thing so he didn't have to go to Hatsume.

"What's your story, Ochaco?" Hagakure asked her. But the brunette was in a daze. Just her brown eyes staring forward as she sipped on her milk carton through a straw.

"Hey, Ochaco?" Tsu said and tapped her arm. Upon contact, Ochaco jumped, her milk flying out of her hand. She yelped in surprise and looked to Tsu, her naturally flushed cheeks darker than normal.

"You seem a little tense." Tsu tilted her head to the side.

"No, it's nothing! Everything's going awesome! I'm just getting started!" Ochaco clenched her fists with a determined smile on her face.

Everyone glanced at her in confusion. Her demeanor before didn't match whatever fake happy outburst that was. She noticed the girl's confusion and deflated. 

"At least, that's how I'd usually be. The thing is, recently my heart's been all stirred up about something." Ochaco's blush got deeper.

"It's love!" Mina shouted and Aluna rolled her eyes.

She had seen this from a mile away.

The downside to having animal powers is that the abilities and distinctive traits get woven into your DNA.

Getting straight to the point, insects and most dogs can smell pheromones.

Meaning, Aluna knows who everyone likes in the class based on their secretion of pheromones around certain people.

And she hates it.

Having an inside scoop of people's feelings about others is not something she ever wished to have.

But Deku just be shooting them off whenever he's in a foot radius of Ochaco and vise versa.

Pheromones don't even smell good either.

It's a sweet smell, but then also sweaty.

It's gross.

Ochaco jumped back and waved her arms around like a maniac.

"What did you say?! Glove? Shove? Dove? Never seen one— what's that?!"

"So is it Midoriya or Iida? You're always hanging out with those two boys." Mina squealed.