"It's my phone. Why are you so jumpy?" Dior pressed as he tapped his phone screen and sent the call to voice mail.

Ayoluwa remained quiet, choosing instead to sit on the bed in between the two boys.

"Just expecting a call." Ayoluwa flicked a piece of flint off of her white tube top.

The last time she had worn this shirt, she had been at the lake house with Joshua.

Ayoluwa shook her head at the thought of him, it was long past time for her to move on, Joshua had made that more than clear.

"Yeah, we figured that out," Shareef nudged her.

"I did something and I'm waiting to see how it works out." Ayoluwa said.

"You wanna elaborate?" Dior snickered.

Ayoluwa pushed her hair off of her shoulders, "Not really no."

Dior and Shareef passed each other a look and then Dior lifted his leg to toss Ayoluwa from the bed.

"Ow!" Ayoluwa landed on her tailbone, effectively thumping it against Shareef's wall.

"Dior, what the fuck?" Ayoluwa rubbed the lower half of her torso.

"You can't come back on the bed until you tell us what's up." Dior stated.

Ayoluwa narrowed her eyes but slumped against the wall, "Pass me my phone then."

"You really not gonna tell us?" Dior asked.

"No. I don't want you guys to speak negatively over it." Ayoluwa made a grabbing motion with her right hand as Shareef slid the phone onto the floor.

Ayoluwa frowned, "I didn't come here for y'all niggas to be rude to me."

"Stop having secrets then!" Shareef said.

"Word! Like we both don't tell you everything." Dior chimed in.

Ayoluwa smirked then shrugged at their words, "If what I want happens I'll tell y'all first. After my grandma because it's gonna affect her too."

Ayoluwa's phone rang once again interrupting whatever Dior was about to say next.

"Hello?" She pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hello, is this um, Ayanna Palmer?" An older feminine voice sounded from the other line.

"Ayoluwa and yes, this is she." Ayoluwa could feel her heart beating faster and faster, threatening to tear a hole in her chest.

"Hello, my name is Bethany Townsend and I'm an A&R for Def Jam Recordings and we wanted to talk to you about the video of you that viral. Do you have some time to talk?"

Ayoluwa hurriedly stood up from the floor, "Yes, I can talk right now."

Ayoluwa jogged from the room and the boys looked at each other then went to follow her.

Ayoluwa went into a massive but empty guest room then locked the door.

"We really love your voice and would absolutely love to sign you to our label. We want to draw up a contract as soon as possible and get a few demos going. When are you able to come in and get started?"

Ayoluwa's tongue went dry and happy tears flicked to her eyes, "Um, well... Right now, any time between nine am and three pm on the weekdays would be great because I'm currently working somewhere else."

Ayoluwa had figured that her getting an actual call was a long shot so the fact that she was on the phone with someone who worked in the music industry was leaving more than speechless.

"Okay, we can work around that. My assistant will reach out tomorrow about possible dates. So happy to start working with you. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." Ayoluwa managed to choke out.

The sound of the call ending beeped in her ear and Ayoluwa slowly unlocked the door, still unbelieving that that call had just happened.

When she opened the door, Dior fell onto the floor, his ear now pressed into the carpet.

"Were you trying to listen through the door? What is wrong with you?" Ayoluwa shook her head.

"Who called you?" Dior groaned as he rose from the ground.

Ayoluwa let out a slow smile form, "I um... A label saw that Moon River video and they want to record demos with me. They want to sign me."

"Are you for real?" Shareef asked.

"Yeah. This assistant is supposed to call me tomorrow. I'm gonna be signed to a record label!" Ayoluwa cheered.

Shareef and Dior gathered her into a group hug.

Dior was the first person to pull away, "And your dumb ass wanted to quit."

NOTES FROM KY
Do y'all want the makeup chapter in Ayo's pov or Josh's bc I'm indecisive
vote & comment, porfa!