Chapter Six - The Challenge

Hello everyone, I know its been a long time since I last updated, but I cant help it. I'm lazy D; anyways, here's the next update, Vote please, it makes me really happy if you do. I CAME IN LIKE A WREAKING BALL, I NEVER FELL SO HARD IN LIFE!~ Is probably what Lucy feels like right now, lol. Anyways, all rights go to Hiro Mashima~ Enjoy~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed since Natsu confronted Lucy, and ever since then, she's been avoiding him like the plague. "To be honest I have no ill feelings toward Natsu, but, I can't help the fact that I've been feeling a bit anxious around him." Lucy thought.

Lucy was currently sitting on a cliff, overlooking Magnolia, and the more she thought about it, the more confused she got.

Sighing, Lucy extended her arms and fell to the ground. Looking up at the blue sky, she narrowed her eyes a bit. "The sky is a bit too bright today." She sighed again. 

Deciding to go back to her apartment, Lucy stood up and jumped down the cliff that she was sitting on. She did flips and back flips in order to avoid nearby branches. The ground was approaching fast, so Lucy decided to do one last move. 

Which resulted in a mid-air cartwheel and Lucy was sent spiraling to the ground. She landed successfully on her feet and as a result, she grinned triumphantly. 

"What fun! I'm going to have to do that again some other day."

Smiling, Lucy walked happily towards the small opening in the forest, oblivious of the fact that she was being watched by two certain individuals hiding near by. 

---

"Wow, she looks so Happy!" Happy said. "If she can make expressions like that, then why can't she do that at the guild?" Happy asked Natsu. 

Natsu was staring at Lucy as she walked to the small clearing in the forest they were currently in. "I don't know Happy, but I might just know a way to make her smile at the guild." Natsu said while grinning. 

"How?" Happy asked confused. "You'll see." Natsu replied while turning towards the guild. 

---

After finishing taking her bath, Lucy walked to her desk and sat down on the chair in her pj's. "What to do ... " Lucy trailed off as she looked out her window. It was currently sunset and she was really bored. 

"Should I go to the guild?" Lucy thought. "Maybe tomorrow. For now I'm just gonna go to sleep." 

Lucy walked over to her bed and plopped down, letting sleep come. 

Timeskip: The Next Morning

Natsu was currently waiting at the guild for Lucy to show up. He had wanted to surprise her with his plans today. So he waited as he watched the guild doors. "Natsu!" Gray yelled while walking over to where Natsu sat. "What do you want stripper!?" Natsu replied. "Don't call me a stripper, flame brain!" Gray yelled. "Whatever!" Natsu replied. 

Gray stepped back a bit, "What? Why'd you back down?" He asked Natsu with a surprised tone. "I don't have time to play your games, Gray, I have more important things to do." Natsu replied bluntly. 

Gray narrowed his eyes a bit, "Whatever." and then he walked away with his hands in his pockets. Natsu sighed and went back to staring at the guild door for a certain someone to walk in. 

As if on cue, Lucy opened the doors and walked in. Smiling, Natsu got up and took off, running to her. "LUCY!!!" Natsu yelled excitedly. Lucy looked at him and widened her eyes at the sight. She tried to put her hands up in defence but, it was too late, Natsu ran straight into her and knocked her down to the ground.