[8] A 'lil Bit O' Mythology

Começar do início

"Woah, slow down! I'm fine, just been advised to rest if it hurts. It's been reduced and it's okay." I explained. Amie just slowly nodded.

We all then sat down, with Amazonite looking like she was consulting herself whether she wished to help me sit down or not, but decided against it.

Now I begun opening the bag. I went for the second pocket first and unzipped it, reaching my hand into the bag and pulling a hard object out; a slate of stone. 

Amazonite and Pearl both looked too confused at this. "It's just a slab of rock? We got curious over that?"

"No, silly!" I cackled. I turned the stone around gently in my two hands. They looked confused. "So, what are we looking at exactly, Alexandra?"

"A claw from the clade eumaniraptora, which includes several families of clawed dinosaurs such as dromaeosaurids, troodontids, anchiornithids, scansoriopterygids and it actually includes avialans, our modern day birds. Early characteristics included an enlarged claw, and this here is believed to be one of the first arboreal avian dinosaurs. The specimen you are seeing is dated to the the middle period of the Mesozoic, and although we can't work out an approximate date, we believe this specimen of Scansoriopteryx heilmanni's temporal range is between the Callovian and Kimmeridigian." I was proud of myself for recalling all those facts. And yeah, you guessed it. I know a bit about Palaeontology and the geological timeline.

And their faces. They were just speechless. I smirked a little and decided to break it down. "To break it down, this claw here is about 160 million years old and belongs to one of the first tree climbing and flying dinosaurs."

"What are these... 'dinosaurs'?" Amazonite asked. "They're creatures that existed before I ever did. They have various things that make them unique."

"And this here is a 'claw'?" Amazonite looked puzzled. "Mhm." I just nodded.

"But then how did you get it?" Blue Pearl quickly added. "Well, we mine into our ground and there is a chance we come across a fossil. This slab here is a fossil, because you can see the claw details. That's how we know dinosaurs exist. We clean them up, too."

"I always knew humans had a passion for certain things, but you... you have utmost intelligence on this! Oh, what else is there? Your words are music to my ears and I'd shatter myself fifty times more just to hear you talk about something else like that!" Amazonite ranted. I blushed a little. "I take that as a compliment?"

I put the slate to the side. I reached into the bag a second time and pulled out my phone. "Yes!" I cheered. I put it into the pocket of my denim jacket. I immediately put the slightly damaged device to the side, all the while smiling. Meanwhile...

***

'Amica, continue the chat. Let me deal with Arias.' He spoke ever so softly.

Amica nodded. He smiled, but Amica wouldn't know. He was invisible, just a ghost. 'Good luck with cooling Arias' temper. They're shady and tempestuous at the best of times, Arias is.'

He knew what Amica meant, but also knew that the two lights in front of Amica wished to speak to her. He sensed how they were disturbed, he had studied them whilst pondering in his absurd silence. 'Go, they are worried Amica,'

'Then good luck, I wish you the best.' Amica smiled, which he almost found cute. Amica suddenly vanished from existence, leaving him alone in the large black dome.

Suddenly, a column appeared in his dome. 'Satan, come in.'

Arias snorted. 'Your insults are feeble, and you're just as weak as she is.'

He just ignored the insult. At least he was better than them. 'Amica wishes you to stop. Don't make me do this the hard way.'

Arias smirked, chuckling. 'Never changing, you always want me to change, and you think threatening me would do that? Arhys, I don't buy it. Your soul is too kind for that.' 

'Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me.' Arhys chuckled at his own humour. Arias just growled.

'Our words ring true.' Arhys recognised this voice; confident and rather rusty, it was Aarhus.

Three of four of them are were in the room, but whose side Aarhus would choose? Probably Arias'. 

'Hear me out. You both keep doing this and we'll end up without a home.' Arhys exclaimed.

************
I apologise for such a long wait, people! I have a lot going on and wrote this whilst in hospital, so please do forgive me. I am also beginning to work on an animation for another series I have, so keep an eye out. I also now have a discord for the project and others! Here it is;
https://discord.gg/tt6Kk3GTpF

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and for the time being stay well and safe!

Signed
E.G