[8] A 'lil Bit O' Mythology

"Behold, the absolute grace, purity and flawless perfection that is, White Diamond!"

I just looked on with a face of 'the hell is happening'.

"And if I were you, avoid Yellow for now... before you get squashed into a bloody pulp." Amazonite suddenly and rather sternly deadpanned. I seemed to expect that a little, from what little I saw of her. She, he... they? They seemed stricter than Blue, and although I thought she could be a girl, not going to assume genders.

Blue Pearl then spoke. "I got some Earth belongings for you, your 'family' also know you are safe."

I acknowledged, tilting my head down to a red, black and white backpack. "Ten-four."

On the front it said 'Rad to the Bone' and it had a mixed check pattern, mostly red and black. The front two pockets were entirely midnight black. I recognised it as my primary school backpack.

"Huh? I don't understand." Amazonite pondered. I snorted a little as I lifted my head up. "Just means understood."

I shifted my hazel orbs back to Pearl. "Why, though? Why shove me out of sight from them?"

Seemingly, Pearl did NOT expect that to leave from my mouth. She shuddered as she turned to face Amazonite. "White... doesn't leave her own head. Yellow hates humans."

"But why does Yellow hate humans, why is White stuck in her own head?!" I raised my voice a little towards the end. "I thought they were similar; in a way they act like sisters. Like... family." I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. I apologised for raising my voice just after.

"It's alright, we just know you're being curious. And to answer your questions, it was because... she was..." Pearl didn't finish her sentence. Both gems looked distraught as I put a hand on Pearl's shoulder. She jumped at the small gesture.

"Don't say it if you don't want to." I tried to offer a reassuring smile, but I couldn't tell if it did much. Amazonite still seemed saddened. I remembered how Blue Pearl had said a specific word earlier. 'Shattered.'

Hell, I didn't even know what the word meant... well I did, so far as on Earth, but some terms the gems don't seem to understand. All I could imagine is a glass pane falling into pieces, could that what it means here? Just like on Earth? Or maybe it means death here... it seems like it. Or injury... no, it has to be death. They talk about her in a saddening way when they say she was shattered. That's got to be death, especially how Blue kept referring to the past. She used to, or was. That means that shattering must equal death... how, why? 'Ugh, it's none of my business... Alex, stop being nosy!'

With that thought, I turned myself back to reality. They looked at me, an expression of worry written on their faces. "You two okay?"

"Alexandra! You didn't respond to us." Amazonite exclaimed, rather surprisingly.

"Oh! Sorry, I was thinking about what you both were saying." I responded. I was slightly annoyed by what Arias had said.

"So, what can we do?" I asked a slightly foolish question.

"Not a lot." Amazonite said, rather unfortunately. Blue Pearl did quickly add however. "We could see what your Earth belongings are? I got given several bags, so maybe we could start with this one."

She pointed to the backpack. I smiled. "Sure."

I reached down as a curious Amazonite and Blue Pearl followed my gaze. "May we sit however? My feet hurt from standing up this long with a broken toe."

Amazonite gasped and suddenly looked very nervous. She then began bombarding me with questions like "Are you okay?"/"Did you hurt yourself again?"/"Will I be shattered?!" all whilst in a mad frenzy of panic.