twenty-eight (pt 1)

< June >
< Monday >

{ Taylor }

We were headed to Florida. Luke and I decided that we'd take Carter to Disney World. A family trip was needed, especially after being trapped in the house for a year.

We picked Disney World because it was something Carter had been asking about for a while. Luke and I had talked about it before and now that everything is opening up, we went ahead and booked the trip. This also going to be our first real family vacation.

"I'm so excited" Carter bounced as he held mine and Luke's hands. We had just landed in Florida. Carter was so excited he didn't even sleep on the plane. He talked the whole time about all the fun stuff we would do.

"Yeah? Who are you excited to see?" I asked,

"Pooh and Tigger" he smiled, "Mommy did you pack my Pooh and Tigger and my shirt?"

"I did buddy" I laughed as I looked at Luke,

"Daddy are you excited like me and Mommy?"

"I am CarCar"

We stepped off to the side and used the restroom quickly then went to find our bus to take us to the hotel. Disney takes care of the luggage so I was glad we didn't have to worry about that.

Carter sat on Luke's lap as we rode in the bus and we watched the little video that was playing which was making Carter even more excited than he already was,

"Mommy are we gonna go to the park today?" Carter tapped my arm,

"Not today. We got here a little late" I told him,

"We're going to get to the hotel and go see our room. Then we are gonna go hang out by the pool. After the pool we're going to take showers and go to Disney Springs" Luke added,

"What's Disney Springs?" Carter's eyes were wide,

"It's got shopping and food. We're gonna eat at a dinosaur restaurant tonight" I told him,

"There's also a big Disney store and big Lego store" Luke spoke as we stopped at another hotel. Our hotel was the last stop,

"I don't have money though" Carter held his hands up. I couldn't help but laugh a little as I glanced to Luke,

"Buddy, me and Mommy will pay for it"

****

We finally got to the hotel and Carter ran in. He gasped and spun in a circle as he took in the lobby. If he was this excited already, I couldn't wait until we got to our room. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and right outside our room is the savanna where the animals are.

We checked in and found the elevator, going up to the fourth floor. Luke opened our room door and Carter ran in with full excitement. Luke and I sighed with relief when we saw our luggage.

"Oh my goodness!" Carter yelled and ran to the balcony door, tugging on the handle and trying to open it,

"Open it! Hurry!" Carter jumped. Luke and I walked behind him and opened it. Carter jumped out on the balcony,

"The animals!" Carter jumped, pointing out to them,

"That's so cool isn't it buddy"  Luke knelt down to his height.

I grinned and took a picture of them before slipping back into the room and getting our stuff out for the pool.

Luke and Carter came back in and we all changed then took a walk around the hotel before going to the pool area.

We settled by the pool and I took the chairs while Luke and Carter jumped right in and went to the slide. I think Carter went down the slide about a hundred times. I was glad he was having fun. That's all Luke and I wanted.

****

After being at the pool for a while, we had gone and showered and got ready for dinner. Carter looked cute in his outfit. He had on his jeans with his white Dodgers jersey and black Converse. He was very proud of his outfit because he picked it out himself.

We got off the bus at Disney Springs and entered the place by the Disney Store which had Carter's attention,

"We will go after we eat buddy" Luke promised,

"At the dino place?" Carter grinned,

"At the dino place" I confirmed as we approached.

"Oh. My. Goodness." he gasped, making both Luke and I chuckle. Can you tell that 'oh my goodness' is his new favorite phrase?

Carter could not stop smiling or looking around as we sat down,

"I wanna say my own food," Carter told me as our waiter came up, "I want chicken nuggets and a sprite in the dino cup"

"You got it buddy" the waiter smiled and moved to Luke and me.

****

After we ate, Carter dragged us to the Disney store. Luke and I had to make sure one of us had a hold on him because he was so excited and was trying to run off. There were a lot of people here too and the last thing we needed was for Carter to get lost.

"Okay Car, you can get whatever you want. We don't care how much it is but me and Mommy have to approve of what it is" Luke explained. Carter nodded and reached for my hand.

He first picked out a couple of shirts then he found the Winnie the Pooh stuff,

"Mommy! Daddy!" he jumped as he let go of my hand and grabbed the box that had all the characters as little action figures. Luke and I laughed. We were expecting to get quite a bit of Pooh stuff because we can't find it in stores around home,

"We can get it buddy" I nodded. Carter grinned the did a little happy dance.

We checked out then went over to the Lego store where Carter was equally excited. While in quarantine, Luke kept ordering Lego sets then he and Carter would sit down all day and just build. We ended up with a Lightning McQueen set and a Winnie the Pooh set.

"You ready to go back to the hotel? We got to wake up early so we can go see Mickey Mouse" I spoke to Carter as I carried him. He nodded and yawned, laying his head on my shoulder,

"I can't wait to meet Pooh" he mumbled then was out like a light.