fifteen

< August >

{ Taylor }

As Luke had said, he and I were going away for the weekend. Honestly, we need it. We haven't been us again yet. We haven't been able to get back to each other, and we needed that for this relationship to work again.

Luke planned the trip. I don't know anything. He told me what the weather was going to be like and told me what to pack- that's all I know.

Carter was staying with Michael and Crystal. Calum had stuff going on and Ashton and KayKay were both busy. But Carter was excited to have a sleepover with them.

Luke and I left right after Carter got picked up. As we drove, I was trying to figure out where we were going- but I still couldn't figure it out.

We pulled into a parking lot where the ferry ran. I knew where we were going as soon as we parked. We were going to Santa Catalina Island. Luke and I used to talk about coming here all the time, but we never did it.

I heard Luke laugh, making me look over at him,

"I figured this would be a good idea" he shrugged. I grinned and kissed his lips,

"Let's go!" I hopped out of the car.

We got on the ferry and found seats on the deck. It wasn't too terribly hot and the breeze felt amazing.

Luke's arms went around my shoulders as he placed a kiss on my head,

"I'm glad we're doing this" I looked up at him,

"Me too" he pecked my lips.

****

We got to Catalina Island and got off the ferry, hopping onto a trolley that was taking us to our hotel.

I was looking at everything on the drive. It was as beautiful as I thought it would be. Something I loved already was that there were no cars- just trolleys and golf carts.

We got to the hotel and got off the trolley with the others who were staying here. Luke held my hand as we made our way up to the desk,

"Hemmings," Luke told the lady as we stepped forward. She nodded and looked through the computer,

"Okay, I have Luke and Taylor. I just need to see both your ID's and the credit card that you booked under" she smiled.

Luke and I fished out IDs out and Luke also pulled his credit card out. She looked over everything by then handed the pieces of plastic back, along with a room key,

"Floor 3 in room 324. Enjoy your stay" she smiled.

We stepped off the elevator and turned down the hall. We stopped in front of our door, Luke opening it and allowing me to go in first.

It was beautiful. It was bright, the colors of white and gray around the room. The curtains were pulled back from the windows and door leading to the balcony. You could see the water perfectly.

I heard the door shut and Luke move past me, setting our bags on the desk,

"Nice isn't it" he smiled, turning and pulling me by my hips to him,

I nodded and pulled his face down so I could kiss him,

"How about," Luke pecked my lips, "We hit the pool for a bit then go to dinner"

"That sounds great" I grinned, kissing him once more.

****

We got down to the pool area and claimed two chairs near the back. I laid back on my chair while Luke went to get us drinks.