"astrophile"

CLOUD 9 | BEACH BUNNY

"you will always be my favorite form of loving"

Y/n sighed as she smoothed the pristine white covers that lay above her.

She tried to reach for her phone which laid on the hospital nightstand, wincing in pain. Even moving her plastered arm was a struggle. That bitch Adam had broke her arm and gave her a concussion.

She had to lie to her p/f/o/c, saying that she had fallen while skating. a half true lie. She retrieved her phone, finding a bunch of texts from friends asking if she felt better. She gave half-hearted replies to everyone, uninterested.

Y/n glanced at the clock. 7:45pm. The sun was setting, and she'd rather be skating in the sunset then lying in a hospital bed with nothing to do. Miya was right, she should have never gone against Adam. She hadn't believed him when he told her she might get hurt, but he was right.

She cuddled into Miya's hoodie, which she still wore. She had refused to take it off, not wanting to let go of the only bit of comfort she had while doctors and nurses operated on her.

The last few hours felt like a blur. She couldn't really remember everything. Only that she had woken up blurry, in the back of a car. She had faded away then, and the next thing she knew she was laying on a cold operating table with her p/f/o/c staring down at her with a scared expression. Reki, Langa, Cherry, Joe and Miya had left her notes, telling her to contact them later.

She never did. She was too tired, honestly, to even think. Her brain was still foggy from the amnesia from the surgery. She wondered when she could skate again. Could she skate with a cast on her arm? 

She wondered if the other members of S were talking about her right now. She hoped they were, she would be flattered - not to mention, she liked the attention. 

A gentle knock on the door.

"come in!" Y/n hummed, turning her upper half to the door.

"hi" 

Y/n smiled at the sound of Miya's voice as he stepped into the room. He held a bouquet of asters in his hands, shyly staring at Y/n, though his expression was worried.

"did you bring me flowers?!?!" Y/n gasped. 

Miya coughed. "yes"

Y/n almost squealed as she had her fangirl moment. "GIVE"  

Miya obeyed and handed the purple flowers to Y/n. He was a blushing mess as Y/n gently took one flower out and tucked it behind his ear. She repeated the procedure to herself, beaming at Miya. "See? Now we have matching flowers"

Miya nodded. "Are you okay..?" He asked.

"Yes. But help me plan my revenge to Adam" 

"Of course I will. I hate him"

Y/n laughed. "Tell me about what happened after I got hurt"

"Well - everyone panicked, people were yelling and screaming, joe ran over and carried you to his car, and we all took you to the hospital"

"that's nice" Y/n mused. "What about Adam?"

"He looked proud, that mf." Miya seethed.

"I will drown him in bleach i swear- and I will not hesitate"

"I believe you" Miya smiled. "You're scary"

"Thank you'

The two talked - they talked about cats, skating, people, and attack on titan conspiracy theories. Y/n wasn't sure how long they chatted for. It was easy, and their conversation never-ending. Y/n felt like she could be herself around Miya, not the fake persona she had to keep up in front of her friends. 

Before she knew it, the sky was darkened. She looked outside her window.

"It's late. Does my nurse know that you're here?"

"No. She's easy to sneak past"

They shared a chuckle, but both of their attention were focused on the sky outside, the alluring and luminous wasteland of stars capturing their focus. The stars reminded them both of that night at the playground, that shared kiss of theirs.

They never brought it up, but they both thought about that moment every night in bed. A magical moment they both would never let go off.

"You know," Y/n said, interrupting the comfortable silence. "I told the stars about you"

Miya looked down at the floor, his heart melting into a puddle beneath him. "I did too"

"What's with us and the stars?" Y/n questioned, her voice faint.

"i love them" Miya responded simply, wishing this night would never end.

"we're astrophiles " Y/n murmured, her heart rattling against her ribcage. "people who love the stars"

Miya seemed to remember something. "The flowers I got you, asters, they got their name from the stars" 

"oh wow, you really thought this through, didn't you?" Y/n said as she fluffed Miya's hair, arranging the aster behind his ear.

Miya was silent, smiling to himself. "you're my person" He finally said, confirming his answer without really mentioning it.

Y/n breathed in, feeling the peaceful bliss that surrounded them "what a romantic"