picnic

STILL INTO YOU | PARAMORE

"i should be over all the butterflies"

Miya couldn't stop looking at Y/n as she chatted contently with the others.

He admired her easy smile, her bright eyes, her playful expression, her-

"Stare much?" Y/n chirped suddenly, her tone teasing. 

"No, I was actually staring at that butterfly behind you" Miya lied, a blush coating his cheeks from being caught staring.

Y/n rolled her eyes, smiling, as she turned away to grab a sandwich. Y/n had invited everyone to a picnic, because she wanted to throw one of those aesthetic tiktok picnics or something. Miya thought it was dumb, but he couldn't miss the opportunity.  

He took a bite out of his cupcake. Miya had to admit the cupcakes she had baked were really good. But in his humble opinion, everything Y/n makes ends up good.

 "Miya" Y/n whispered to him, causing him to jump. The girl had somehow appeared right next to him. She leaned towards him, a devilish smile on her face and a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I need to talk to you about something" She paused. "A prank"

"Just was I was thinking" Miya grinned.

Y/n hopped up, pulling Miya up with her. "We'll have to go somewhere else" She murmured. "Come with me"

Miya nodded as he followed Y/n. "So - what prank are we doing?"

"Now that you mention it I haven't really gotten to that part yet😀"

"😀"

"😀" Y/n plopped down on the grass underneath a willow tree. "I don't know. Maybe we could spill orange juice on Cherry or something. It'll be funny😗"

"No - it has to be more subtle" Miya said. "What if we put like mayo in their cupcakes or something"

"We should put toothpaste"

"But then they might die"

"Oh right" Y/n beamed, her eyes shining. "Okay, let's put mayo. I'm going to go get the stuff" She finished as she hopped away. Miya nestled into the soft grass and stared up at the sky, his emerald eyes taking in the pretty blues and the purples and pinks and oranges that were starting to appear - the start of dawn.

Soon enough, Y/n was back with cupcakes and mayo, she set the plates down on the grass and rubbed her palms together evilly. "Let's do it" 

Miya pressed down the urge to cackle and started to squeeze mayo into the chocolate cupcakes. "What a waste of good cupcakes, though"

"I could always make more for us"

Miya smiled to himself, an unfamiliar fuzzy feeling spreading in his chest. "Please do"

Y/n smiled softly, her cheeks tinted a light pink. "I'm done" She said as she holds out her plate of cupcakes. 

"Same" Miya said, satisfied. He stood up, followed by Y/n, and the two made their way back to the picnic blanket. "We have cupcakes!" Miya said perkily as he held out the mayo-filled cupcakes.

"Ooh! Yum" Reki cheered as he reached for two cupcakes, handing the other one to Langa. The cupcake was mid-way to his mouth before Y/n stopped him.

"Wait! We want everyone to eat them at the same time to see all of your reactions together" She fibbed. 

Reki shrugged. "Alright"

Miya watched as Cherry and Joe both eyed the cupcake with the most frosting, then at each other, than back at the cupcake as they both immediately reached to grab it. The cupcake somehow ended falling back onto the grass just as an ant crawled onto it.

Cherry and Joe both flinched at the bug, frowns appearing on their faces as they glared at each other. Y/n grabbed two equally sized cupcakes and handed it to the two, sighing at their childlike behavior.

"Bon appetit" She said with a grin as the four took bites out of their cupcakes.

Miya burst out laughing at the matching expressions of disgust on their faces as they tasted the mayo and chocolate combo. Y/n joined in, eyeing the group with glee.

"fcnrkejfrtfmeo >:(" Langa sputtered, spitting out the cupcake into a napkin. The others did the same, all glaring at the two laughing 13 year olds.

"we'll get you back" Reki hissed as he gulped down some water.

"We'll be waiting" Miya sang.

"Wait wait" Joe suddenly said. "Guys-?"

"Mhm?" Miya asked, sitting criss-crossed on the blanket. He grabbed the last normal cupcake from a tray before converting his attention back to Joe.

"Adam's holding a competition" Joe said. "I'm definitely going to participate. This is my chance to beat Adam for once" His eyes were determined.

Cherry perked up. "Really? A competition? Is it serious?" 

"Yeah." Joe held out his phone for everyone to see. "I just entered myself"

"I'm entering too. And I'll beat him before you do, you gorilla" Cherry said, immediately turning for his phone, his loose ponytail coming undone as he reached for his bag.

Joe took the opportunity to pull on Cherry's hair. "So confident. I'll win for sure"

 "I think I'll do it too" Langa said calmly as he quickly started tapping on his phone. 

"What?" Reki grabbed Langa's arm, causing the phone to drop onto the blanket. "You promised me you'd never go against Adam again!"

Langa looked down. "I'm sorry, Reki"

Reki flipped over Langa's phone, seeing that he had already entered himself. It was done. Reki took a deep breath, standing up as his face clouded over. "Okay. Do what you want. Break our promises. Whatever" He said as he turned, walking away.

"Reki-!" Langa called, desperate. "Wait!" But Reki was already gone. Langa bit his lip. "Maybe I shouldn't have done it"

Y/n sighed. "Langa, it's not like you can back down now. Just try and talk to Reki, okay?"

Langa nodded. "Alright"

"Miya, let's enter too" Y/n suggested, taking out her phone and nudging Miya. 

"Mhm"  Miya agreed as the pair entered themselves into the competition. "But honestly, I don't really want to skate against adam. he's just a creep"

"I know - but it'll be fun" Y/n said. "We'll be okay. Besides, if he like attacks us or whatever it'll be illegal, right?"

"I think so. I'm a bit worried"

"scaredy cat" Y/n squished Miya's cheeks.

"i am not-"

"yes you are"

"no"

"yes"

"no"

"yes"

"no"

!CHAPTER IS UNEDITED!