strangers

HEY THERE DELILAH | PLAIN WHITE TEES

"hey there delilah ,

whats it like in new york city?"

Miya yawned, leaning his head against the cold window as he stared out to the almost empty roads.

Miya couldn't stop thinking about his loss last night. He lost, again? He was disappointed in himself. So disappointed that he had barely slept last night. he wasn't even sure how he was going to survive this school day.

The car pulled up to the front of his school, stopping abruptly. Miya stepped out, bag in hand and hair all over the place. He slowly made his way to his first class, letting out a stream of yawns.

He had history first period. Shit. The class he had with Y/n. He couldn't believe he had somehow agreed to go on a trip with her. Even if Reki and Langa were going along. 

He sat down at his desk, rubbing his eyes as he looked at the clock. Class didn't start for another 10 minutes. Across the room, Y/n sat on her desk, her friends around her as they chatted. As always, Y/n was in the centre of everything.

Y/n suddenly glanced Miya's way, meeting his gaze for a second. They acted like they were strangers at school, way off from their bickering-and-assaulting-eachother personality at S.

"Miya" Y/n called, stopping Miya's heart. Miya looked back up to find Y/n and all of her friends staring straight at him.

"Y/n" One of the girls whispered. "Why are you talking to someone like him?"

"Shut up, Mika" He heard Y/n say to the girl. He didn't know if it was meant for defending him or defending herself. Probably the latter. "Besides, I need to tell him something. For a project" Y/n fibbed quickly.

She started walking towards him, grabbing his sleeve as she pulled him out the classroom. Miya could practically hear the judgement and whispers of Y/n's friends follow them out of the room.

"What do you want, princess" Miya made sure to use the nickname that the girl hated so much, a petty action to piss her off.

"Was going to tell you that Reki told me Shadow is going with us. As a babysitter"

"Shadow? Seriously?" 

"Yeah. He's barely a shadow though, is he?"

"More like an elephant"

Y/n laughed. "Literally. And he has a really obvious crush on that lady he works with"

"I think I might have told her she liked him" Miya chuckled.