L💚VE!!!

COOL KIDS | ECHOSMITH

"i wish that i could be like the cool kids

 - cause all the cool kids, 

      they seem to fit in"         

MIYA CHINEN leaned against the white cement wall in the middle of the hallway, staring at the students rushing by in large groups. He fixed his beret nonchalantly and sighed to himself. In a couple of minutes, everyone in the school would be gone, on their way home.

But not Miya. 

He held his math test in one hand. A 61%. Barely a passing grade, the worst in his class. Math was usually Miya's best subject. His teacher, Mrs. Tobio, had asked to "Talk to him" after school. She was probably going to scold him about his grade, but he was just going to make up some dumb excuse like he always did.

 In his defence, on the day of the test, he had really been unfocused and had stuff on his mind(The fact that he had lost a beef against his biggest enemy for the 4th time). But he wasn't going to admit that he had been at S, then spent the rest of the night skateboarding around to practice for his next beef against her. 

S was a hardcore skateboarding competition after midnight that featured talented skaters who were willing to compete and start "beefs" Or rivalries, in other words, with each other. Though, some skaters were there to only enjoy the show and watch beefs concerning more well-known skaters, like Miya himself. Other skaters might not be brave enough to skate the dangerous roads, but Miya enjoyed the competition - When his competitors weren't slimes.

Miya continued to stare at the ongoing stream of students, stilling as he saw 3 familiar faces.

His old friends. shit.

 One of them glanced over at Miya, stopping as he nudged the guy standing beside him.

"Look at Miya" He said in a loud whisper. Takashi. "He's alone, again"

The other two burst out laughing. 

"Miya is such a loner!" Another boy cackled as the trio walked away, smirking at Miya. Miya breathed out, frustrated.

Why didn't he fit in like the others? He remembered when they were all still friends, and they'd all skate together after school. It was fun. Until they left him. It was their fault, he had tried to convince himself. But deep inside, he blamed it on himself. Maybe he had been too self absorbed that he hadn't noticed their feelings.

 Miya slipped out his phone. It was 3:33. Almost time to meet with Mrs. Tobio. Huffing loudly Miya walked over to his classroom, briefly knocking on the door twice.