Jessica certainly remembered. She needed to get out of there immediately before she learnt exactly how this room worked. At least without that knowledge, she could never spill to Umbridge the location of their rebellion, and the day would never come when Umbridge would find out and make her crucio George...again.

"What are you doing?" George asked as Jessica started side-stepping towards the only door in the entire vicinity.

"Leaving," she hissed back, releasing her hair from the bounds of its ponytail as the tightness added to her ever-growing headache.

However, her path towards the wooden door was quickly blocked as Fred lept over to be in front of it, placing him in her way.

"Fred, please," she mumbled in the calmest voice she could, looking straight at his chest, "I don't want to cause a scene."

"I'm not moving," he replied, spreading his arms across the doorway and staring over her head like she wasn't even there.

"Then I'll have to make you," she huffed, withdrawing her wand from her robes. She wasn't in the mood for his games.

"Look," he said, still staring straight ahead but gritting his teeth so that his words reached only so far. "I've avoided using jinxes on you up to this point, but I'll do it, Jess, and you know I know the bad ones."

Jessica pushed her wand against his tie to egg him on. She had to get him riled up so she could slip past him. "Come on, hit me with your best shot," she goaded, "it'll be better for everyone if I go."

"Not for me if you get the soul sucked out of you," Fred said as he finally glanced down at her, knocking her wand away with force. "Don't be a prat Jess, I'm not letting you out there."

As she looked into his eyes, Jessica realized that Fred was done with her attitude for the first time ever. The strength of his stare paralysed her, and his forcefulness sparked a tingly feeling inside, which caused confusion as she normally hated being told what to do. She stopped pushing and stepped back, finding herself unable to speak and not wanting to disobey him.

"Why do you care, Fred?" asked Katie Bell, who was closest to them. "If she wants to leave, let her leave."

Fred rolled his eyes and rested his head back on the door. "Katie, for the love of Merlin, shut up."

"Why?" Katie questioned, Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet stepping behind her for backup, "What are you and George protecting her for? She'd have us all in the Hospital Wing if she had her way."

"Fred's right Katie shut up, you don't know what you're talking about!"

Even Harry, Ron and Hermione stopped talking at the break of the outburst. They, alongside everyone else in the room, turned around to look at a red-faced Neville who had just shouted out to Jessica's defence.

"Excuse me?" asked Katie Bell.

As Neville's eyes flickered between her and Katie, Jessica subtly shook her head, hoping he would get her desperate message to say nothing. He couldn't tell. It would all be over if he did. She could take the pressure of the comments, she'd done it for months.

"Jess, they have to know," Neville told her, his small, rounded eyes finding the strength to turn to Katie. "She's the only one trying to help us. She's been saving us from detentions for weeks."

Jessica scanned their reactions immediately, quickly analysing how this news had been received. Luckily, except those in her detention group, no one else seemed to bat an eyelid at this reveal.