Voldemorts Weapon

Start from the beginning

"I stand up for what's right," Bill replied strongly and he placed a heavily bejewelled hand behind Jessica's chair, "I'm sorry Dumbledore but to lie to everyone about her having visions...I get you had your reasons but we couldn't let her sit in the dark like this. If what I put in the letter is true then-"

"We'll get to the contents of the letter later," Dumbledore interrupted as Tonks walked around to the right-hand side of the desk, "but Jessica was about to tell us something."

Dumbledore nodded at Jessica to go on but actually, with Tonks and Bill now at her side, she was not in the mood to be bossed around so easily. He had kept her in the dark about so much that she thought he could wait for a little longer.

"What did you put in the letter?" Jessica asked as she looked up at Bill.

"I found out who sold the fakes," Tonks spoke instead, eager to pass on the information. Everyone looked at her and Jessica shifted in her seat to pay her full attention. "Lucius filed an arrest for Mundungus Fletcher a couple of weeks before your aunt died, for fraud. However, there's no paperwork of him ever reaching Azkaban. He's a known antique dealer you see, it's plausible that he would have created fakes to sell to pureblood families if he had caught wind that they were in demand, which he would of from his contacts in knockturn alley of course."

Everyone looked downwards solemnly at the ground except for Jessica. She instantly knew she had missed something and Tonks caught sight of her confused expression.

"He was an original Order member Jess," Tonks added gravely, looking at the other adults in the room.

Jessica raised an eyebrow as she glanced around at their sad faces, "and none of you noticed he was missing?!"

"Obviously it did cross our minds to check," mumbled Tonks bashfully, "but Order members go away for long periods at a time with no communication. Especially Mundugus, he was always out doing dodgy deals with bad people."

Jessica breathed out deeply and prayed that she never went missing on the Orders watch. There she was thinking about how bad it was of most of them to turn on her seemingly overnight and it just so happens that none of them had even noticed the disappearance of one of their own. 

It was becoming apparent why they only had so few members.

"I also put in how I'd found an old expedition diary with lore about the necklace of Sheidora," said Bill as he walked to Jessica's side and sat down on the desk. "It confirmed everything we knew about visions and strange powers, but I did make a breakthrough, I found out how we could take it off."

"Brilliant," Jessica responded as she sat up promptly in her chair. This was the news she had been waiting for for a long time. "How do we do it?"

Bill studied her optimism and pitifully smiled at her, glancing sideways at Tonks for support. Dumbledore and Snape also leered in to hear his answer word for word.

"You have to commit the ultimate act of selflessness and save a life in exchange for your own."

All eyes slowly rounded onto her with the same sorrowful expression. Jessica's hopeful smile faded away and she stared down in front of her, her eyes glazing over whilst she processed this sobering fact. She had hoped there was a strong charm or a special enchanted key that would help unlock it to get the seal open. However apparently, there was neither, not any of the sort. It had to be one of the worst results imaginable.

"So I die either way," Jessica muttered to herself, feeling the sense of panic she had felt earlier that evening.

"What do you mean?" asked Bill. His red hair was glowing a lovely copper colour in the candlelight, and with her vision not being perfect she could almost imagine it was his brother sitting there. This stopped her from completely falling apart.