The Woes Of Pansy Parkinson

Começar do início

"But can't we get more people?" Neville had asked her after she told them they couldn't tell anyone what she was doing, "can't we do something to help you?"

Jessica didn't say much in response, but she did tell them that she had a plan. Hence why she was now in the cellar, wiping her mouth as she got up from her knees. Draco was averagely giving her one person for her list each week, and this week's target was Dean Thomas after seeing how badly his detention with Blaise had gone on Tuesday.

"So nice of you to clean the cellar during the party," Theo grinned as Draco and Jessica rejoined the party hand in hand, "I assume that's why you took so long, and wow Jess you even got prints on your knees from scrubbing the floor!"

Draco glared at Theo in warning, like he often did around Jessica, "do something useful like pouring us a drink, won't you? And not the cheap crap you tried to give us last time."

"Is it cake time yet?" Jessica asked Pansy, admiring the long black gown that she had brought specially for the occasion.

Pansy's eyes fluttered at Theo who looked like he was going to hit Draco over the head with a bottle and then said, "actually Theo and I were just talking about doing-"

"Nah forget that," Theo interrupted dismissively, pointing drunkenly at the air above, "sorry Draco I'm going to have to break her chains, we always dance to this song."

Theo grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her away onto the dance floor before Draco could say no. They went straight for the middle of the crowd and Jessica's nettle-coloured halter dress sparkled under the lights.

"So, talk to me," said Theo as he lifted Jessica's arm to spin her around, "since when was he your type?"

Jessica laughed and adjusted Theo's bow tie that had gone slightly wonky, "since when did you care?"

"Come on, Weasley to him? It's like night and day."

"It wasn't straight to him, there was square head in between remember," she responded bitterly, "but if you must know we've gotten really close recently, I've seen a different side to him."

Theo rolled his eyes as he pulled her in to dance like two kids at a wedding, "oh yeah, I know what different side you're talking about. He must be really good in bed because I know you're not laughing like you used to."

"Why are you so interested in me anyway?" Jessica asked as she attempted to keep up with his energetic footwork, "I haven't seen you with anyone for weeks, and it's not like you're completely unbearable to be around."

"Wow, thanks what a compliment," he replied sarcastically, "but honestly it's been a bit complicated-WHOA-"

Theo jumped out of the way to dodge the glass of red wine that got splashed in Jessica's face. It trickled through her hair, making it damp and sticky, and her dress started to stain as the liquid ran through the fabric. It all happened in a split second, and when Jessica opened her eyes in shock to find out who had attacked her, she saw only one person with an empty glass in hand.

Pansy.

"Pansy, what the fuck?" Theo shouted over the music as people turned around to stare, "tell me that was an accident."

Pansy said nothing, her face cold and pointed at Jessica. She could feel the knives she was mentally stabbing into her.

After seeing what happened, Blaise came over with a personalised handkerchief for Jessica to wipe herself down with, "what's going on?"