The water around me was quick to pledge it's loyalty and service.
Zuko had royally fucked up.

I turned the sand beneath the guards into quicksand by pulling large amounts of water into the earth and soil.

"That's odd.." I heard the guard say peculiarly.
The water in the sand grabbed his ankles as the ice crawled up his body and over his mouth as I had made the air extremely cold, all happening in a millisecond.

He was silenced. Not permanently just unconscious.

I pushed myself up off the ground and found Asura.

She seemed shaken but sounded thrilled to see me.

She nuzzled into my chest as I stroked her head after removing the heavy net.

"Darling, I need you to go the the campsite and gather our stuff." I asked her gently. She nodded and leaped through the branches in a mix of flying and acrobatics to accomplish the goal I'd set for her.

Now in the meantime..

I crept carefully towards the sound of voices. I hadn't been out for long. Zuko had just begun.

I stayed in the trees and forced the water to ice.

"Nice work" Zuko praised the- pirates?! Oh great!

As if Zuko wasn't a big enough problem..

I heard Aang, and Sokka straining and Katara was in the tree in front of me.

"Aang, this is all my fault.." Katara frowned in shame.

"No, Katara. It isn't" Aang reassured her.

Iroh leaned over,

"Yeah, it kinda is.." Iroh said in agreement with Katara.

Oh, Iroh, you innocent soul.

"Give me the boy." Zuko snarled at the Captain.

"You give us the scroll." These words caught Sokka's attention.

"You're really gonna hand over the Avatar for a stupid piece of parchment?" Sokka asked rhetorically.

Ooh I see what he's doing.

That's my big brother brains and all.

"Don't listen to him. He's trying to turn us against each other!" Zuko ordered as he held stubbornly.

Who's more stubborn? We'll find out..

"You're friend is the Avatar?" The Captain asked Sokka bewilderly.

  Yes! He took the bait!

"Sure is!" Sokka stated "and I'm sure he'll fetch a bunch more on the black market then that fancy scroll.."

"Shut your mouth, you water tribe peasant!" Zuko yelled.

"Yeah, Sokka, you should shut your mouth." Aang agreed.

"I'm just sayin', it's bad business sense. Just imagine how much the Firelord would pay for the Avatar. You guys would be set for life." Sokka stated to the money loving pirates.

I could almost see the golden gleam in their eyes.

"Keep the scroll! We can buy a hundred with the reward we'll get for the kid." The Captain denied Zuko.

"You'll regret breaking a deal with me" Zuko seethed and sent a wave of fire at the pirates with two soldiers.

Smoke bombs fell and I took this as my cue to help Katara.

"Pardon me, Iroh." I said politely as the general nodded kindly.

"I have a dress for you when you come and visit." Iroh said with a kind smile.

"Lyra, you're okay! Zuko said he had you on his ship!" She cried and hugged me.

"Yeah, okay. I'm here now. Let's get out of here, while we still can." I urged and she nodded.

She raced ahead, as I hugged Iroh.

"I hope to see you soon! I can't wait to see the look on my nephew's face!" Iroh laughed.

"Bye, Iroh! I look forward to it!" I smiled and ran towards the ship.

I took the three of us to make the boat pull from the shore but we'd done it.

Asura was right on time and dove over the fighting group.

We took off on the ship as Asura landed safely.

Aang had managed to sweep a large group of the pirates off the ship but not all of them.

Katara had water whipped one off, and I high fived her.

"Will you three quit congratulating each other and help me out?!" Sokka yelled.

He was in quite the pridicament when Asura dropped everything and stared enchanted at the dangling tassels on the pirates pants.

I held Sokka back, one thing I'd learned with Asura; don't get in the way of her and her toys.

She grabbed the pirates by the shoulders as they screamed and she threw them off the boat like she did with all my lost blindfolds.

They screamed but were no match against her strength.

Sokka breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, I guess.." he said to the large cat-owl towering above him.

Aang blew the bison whistle as we approached the waterfall.

I screeched alongside Asura whom immediately covered her ears and hissed.

I quickly stuck the stuff to her back and ordered Sokka to mount her. Katara followed him as Aang prepared his glider.

We all leapt off the ship as Appa caught us.

So the bison whistle does work.

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy! Have a lovely day my Bookworms! I'll see y'all in the later, until next time!
-Rose