"You're okay. You're doing so good." I whispered to my brother as he continued to scream. I don't know if he was conscious or if he could hear it but I think I was saying it more to myself anyways. "You're killing him, Clarke!" I shouted when the screaming was too much for me. 

"I need to cut away the infected flesh." Clarke replied as Jasper stopped screaming and fell into unconsciousness. 

"Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia came rushing up to the third level.

"She's trying to save his life." Finn replied.

"She can't." Bellamy joined in.

"Back off." Wells stood up and said to Bellamy.

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die." Clarke stated.

"Kid's a goner. You can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy." Bellamy replied. I stood up and stepped right in front of him.

"Say that again. I dare you." I spat.

"I said, the kid's a goner-" Bellamy began but I cut him off by punching him square in the jaw. I could tell it hurt him, too. He stumbled back, turning his head and holding his jaw. No one messes with my brother.

"Take a look at him." Bellamy said, glaring at my brother. "He's a lost cause." 

I was too angry to say anything else. 

"I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." Clarke admitted.

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do." Said Bellamy. "He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself."

"Like hell you will." I spat as we watched Bellamy descend the ladder. I turned to Octavia, who was still kneeled beside Jasper. "O, you know I love you, but I fucking hate your brother. I think he might even beat Jaha in a competition for 'Who's the Biggest Asshole?'"

"Power hungry, self-serving jackass." Monty added. "He doesn't care about anyone but himself." He said before looking up at Octavia. "No offense."

"Yeah. Bellamy is all of those things. But he also happens to be right." Finn sighed.

"You wanna be next, Spacewalker?" I snarled. I was being really mean to everyone and I really didn't mean to be - well, except to Bellamy. I meant to be mean to him. But everyone else, I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just taking my anger out on them.

***

Clarke, Wells and Finn left to go find some seaweed to make medicine for Jasper. Bellamy and some of his crew had left to hunting. I stayed up in the drop ship, helping Octavia and Monty look after Jasper.

All of a sudden, everyone else started piling into the drop ship.

"What's going on?" I asked no one in particular.

"Air got thick, everyone's skin started burning." A girl, Roma, answered, her voice slightly strained. 

"Ophelia, my brother's out there." Octavia said in a worried tone.

"He'll be fine. We'll all be fine." I assured, even if I didn't believe it.

It started getting late and Jasper woke up. He started groaning in pain some more and I could tell no one was really happy about it. Oh well, they can deal with it or they can deal with me. 

I went down to the lower level for a minute to get some water while Octavia watched over Jasper upstairs. Jasper continued his wailing and we could still hear it loud and clear, even from the lower level.

"Alright, that's it. I'm ending this." Murphy all of a sudden got up from his hammock and started heading towards the ladder. I quickly put my cup down and ran in front of him.

"Hey. What the hell do you think you're doing?" I snapped. 

"Murphy's gonna kill Jasper!" Monty warned Octavia as he rushed up the ladder. 

"Look, Jordan, I'm sorry. But the kid's dying anyway. I'm just putting him out of his misery." Said Murphy, trying to step past me but I blocked his path.

"He's not a damn animal, Murphy." I reprimanded. "That's my brother up there, okay? You can't just kill him like he doesn't matter. Same would go for anyone else if they were in his position." I explained. "I know he's annoying and a pain in the ass to listen to. But so are you and I haven't killed you, so how about you don't kill him?" I offered. "We clear?"

"Crystal." Murphy said in a bitter tone. 

I climbed back up the ladder and knocked on the hatch. "Guys! You can open the hatch now. Murphy's not homicidal anymore." I yelled so that Monty and Octavia could hear me through the metal. 

They opened the hatch and Monty poked his head down, only to see Murphy back in his hammock, fiddling with his knife. Harmless.

word count: 1366

a/n: hey hope yall liked this chapter. i need more nicknames for ophelia and i dont really wanna call her lia because if you read my other story on the 100 youd know lmao. i want a special nickname for murphy to call ophelia like how everyone calls clarke princess yk. suggestions? ideas? requests? anything like that? love you all xx