The Charity Case: 11

LOUIS' POV:

I stood waiting in Harry's room, while he was downstairs, the sound of voices could be heard, growing closer and closer. I looked around the room, finding my jeans across the room. I picked them up, changing out of the sweatpants, and into them. I searched my pockets finding some cash, and a bunch of trash. 40 bucks...

I threw the sweatpants in the hamper that was in the corner of Harry's room, suddenly the door was pushed open, I whipped my head around seeing Anne.

"Hey, Harry told me some stuff..."  Anne said pulling me in for a hug. It had been a while since I had felt this type of affection. The feeling of actual love, not just affection. Her hug reminded me a lot about my mum.

"I am more than willing to take you in if you let me?"  Anne whispered, into my ear.
She pulled away, still holding onto both of my hands, looking at me.

"Thank you,"  I sniffled, fighting back tears. I didn't want to seem weak, not in front of Harry.

"Harry said he could take you shopping today, while you're out I'll get your room situated,"  Anne said, caressing my arm.

I gave her a small smile, looking over at Harry, he was leaning against the door frame, looking right at us. No smile, no sparkle in his eyes, he just seemed...different, not the way he usually looked.

"Okay, I'll let you two talk,"  Anne said, letting go of me. She brushed past Harry, giving his cheek a small squeeze, earning a small smile from him. I stood awkwardly, avoiding his stare, hoping that he would just say something. Anything, please.

"We should go, I have a couple of things I need to get done,"  Harry said, grabbing his phone, wallet, and keys off his nightstand.

"I need to go over to a friend's house first, most of my stuff is at his.."  I said, making Harry run his hand over his face.

"Okay we'll go after,"  Harry said in an annoyed voice.

"I need to do that first,"  I scoffed, I know he was upset, and I know that I caused that, but he doesn't know that. There was no reason to be projecting his anger and frustration onto me.

I was contemplating even asking him that. The truth was that my actual stuff was not at any friend's house. I guess technically it was, but still. I left my car at Ollie's place on the day of the party. How could I explain my darkest embarrassing secret to him?

That my car is the only thing that matters to me, everything I love is inside that car. My money, my clothes, everything I've ever cherished is inside that car.

"Why?"  Harry asked, walking over to me.

"I need to pick up my car, I have my wallet in there.."  I stuttered, fidgeting with the strings on his hoodie, that I was still wearing.

"Can't necessarily go shopping without money now can I?"  I laughed, trying to ease up the mood.

"Yeah, I didn't think about that.."  Harry laughed. He actually smiled, giving me a small grin.

"What do you mean you didn't think about that!"  I exclaimed, watching Harry throw himself on the bed, leaving his legs dangling over the edge. He looked over at me, before turning his gaze to the ceiling.

"I mean I wasn't thinking about money when I said we were going shopping,"  Harry said, looking at the ceiling.

"Must be nice," I  scoffed, walking over to him. I stood at the edge of the bed, beside his legs. I wasn't in between them, but I could feel his leg pressing onto mine.