Small act of kindness

"What are we gonna fit twenty-eight kids in?" I question Brenda while we enter into the city.

"That" Brenda replies with a smirk pointing to a large bus.

"I like your thinking Brenda" I smile back at her cheekily while me and her crawl our way behind vehicles hiding.

"Brenda, Y/N status report?" Thomas questions through the walkie-talkie.

"Status report is..-" Brenda begins and I take the mechanical device in my hand.

"We are working on it" I finish looking at some WCKD men round our corner.

"Copy just make sure you are ready on your end" Thomas mumbles back through to us.

"Don't worry you know we'll be there" Brenda says sneakily taking the Walkie-talkie back.

Taking the chance, me and Brenda run on our tiptoes to a free bus, attempting to stay hidden from any WCKD workers.

"Brenda while we are here I need to give you something" I whisper to her as we hide and she gives me a confused look.

"This, it's not much but I want you to have it" I mumble quietly reaching into one of my pockets, my hand retrieving with a ring, the ring has a small opening capsule engraved in the top is a 'B+J' with a drawing inside Brenda doesn't know about, the drawing being of Jorge and Brenda in Bertha together in the front seats smiling, one I had done myself. In case I didn't make it different people have different small acts of kindness in my pockets holding all sorts of things.

"Don't open it now, it's for you and Jorge so when you're next with him open it" I command putting the ring in her hand, Brenda giving me a confused yet straight face.

"What is this for?" Brenda asks and I smile lightly at her.

"A small act of kindness for friends" I only respond before turning my gaze to the walkie-talkie.

"Brenda, y/n where are you we are here?" Gally pants through the device.

Me and Brenda jump into the bus turning the key Brenda drives it forward coming to a stop by the kids, Gally leading them.

"Come on let's go!" Brenda shouts through the window and Gally instructs the kids to follow all climbing into the big bus.

"Where's Thomas?" Brenda asks and Gally gives a confused look.

"I was hoping he was with you" Gally responds and I begin to walk out.

"Wait wait stay here with the kids. Wait here just, I'll find him, just wait for us, okay?" Gally panics slightly running off not realising me slip another ring just like Brendas one, this one having an engraved G on the front of the capsule into his pocket, his having a drawn picture of him building in the glade and me leaning against a post the bottom of the picture saying 'jeez Gally you really do stink - y/n'

"We're not going anywhere" Brenda mumbles watching Gally jog away from us while I get into the bus checking everybody is okay.

The sound of a skidding van or vehicle alerts me sending my head snapping to a black vehicle with flashing lights coming into view in the parking lot.

"Get down!" Me and Brenda alert in unison everybody bending down so that they aren't seen.

The vehicle stops, WCKD men running out in a hurry however one of them staying behind and glancing at the bus in the middle of the underground parking lot and walking hesitantly towards us.

"Keep quiet" Brenda alarms everybody watching slightly from the knelt position with me and mentally rolling her eyes at the man.

Soon enough more WCKD men catch on and follow walking towards us causing me to mentally face palm.

"Sorry Thomas" Brenda mumbles before starting the bus and charging it forward fast banging through the barrier while the kids scream in a fright.

"HOLD ON!" I shout to the kids while we server the corner quickly and begin speeding further away.

Different flashing sirens and WCKD vehicle corner into us banging us from the side while Brenda screams angrily causing several crashes between the chasing patrols trying to catch on to us.

"SHIT!" Brenda shouts as the numbers of vehicles count coming from every different corner and crossroad in the path.

Scoping round the corner I am chucked to the side only to be held to a stop no escape as we are trapped in by WCKD.

"GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE!" A man demands shouting to me and Brenda.

"Don't move" I demand the kids before walking out with Brenda.

"Your doing great" Brenda finishes telling them all before leaving and following me out.

"Now STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!" The man demands again and I turn to see guns held to us both sides.

"I SAID STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!" The mans voice shouts raspy and monotone.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!" He demands us both while we walk side by side to the front of the bus.

"Drop the weapon!" He commands mostly to Brenda who has a fire shooting cannon in her hand ready to set it off to alert Frypan in the craine.

Pulling the trigger everybody's head go up to watch the firework looking red explosion in the air a sharp wire sound pulling on their ears while the crane hook falls infront of us.

Sprinting to the bus, I yell at the kids.

"HOLD ON TIGHT!" I shout holding onto a pole tightly while Brenda runs in and take seat at the drivers seat, the bus beginning to lift having the kids scream loudly and holding on for as hard as they can, the man who had been commanding shouting in attempt to figure out what to do from below us.

"BRACE YOURSELVES!" Brenda shouts cringing her face at the sound of the bus metal scraping against a large solid building.

Pulling us to the outskirts of the large city we are held up high by the craine however a large crackle alarms us as the front rake holding us up with the claw begins to loosen and snap.

"HOLD ON TO SOMETHING!" Brenda shouts as we begin to launch down.

"PROTECT THE BACK OF YOUR HEADS!" I shout knowing when we hit down the back of my head is going to hit something.

Frypan lowers us down until finally the rake cracks and the bus falls down on to the top the bus still being horizontal until Brenda leans forward slightly sending the bus flogging and crashing on to the right side my head hitting hard forwards.

The lights of the bus flash and I move up front to see the sign that once said 'RED ZONE'

"Hey it says out of service now, how cool" I blurt randomly Brenda sending a chuckle to my stupid comment.

"Okay everybody off!" Brenda shouts commanding the kids off as we all disperse out of the now ruined bus.