In a bit Minho

"I don't think we should trust this vile" Gally blurts out crossing his arms his eyebrows expressing his face.

"What other choice do we have?" Newt questions as we all stand in the medwing looking at Alby, glancing at the unconscious girl a few times.

We couldn't lose Alby, and I was willing to take the chance no matter what any one said. He had stuck by me when I was here and he has taken care of this Glade because of my own actions I made a year ago.

"I'm taking the chance" I claim and before anyone can stop me I have opened his mouth and forced the liquid down.

"Guess it's too late now" frypan sighs and walks out, gally following behind in a huff.

"Thomas in the pit yet?" I question newt raising an eyebrow toward him.

"Yeah, been around 10 minutes" newt replies tapping his foot in wait for Alby to wake up.

I turn around to leave until I hear a gasp of air and a shocked Alby sitting straight up in the bed.

Turning around quickly to see my friend I dearly miss, my heart hitched in my throat at his shocked expression.

"How are you feeling" I question with a worried look, seeing my old best friend after all this time awake and not unconscious definitely makes me feel better.

"I remember-" Alby continues looking down and then back to me with almost a wide eyed expression and realisation.

"Y/N you are the way out" Alby claims looking to me in a almost relief and grabbing my hand that's beside him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask sitting on the end of the bed looking down at his hand held onto mine with a tight grip.

"I-I remember a women saying something about you being a warrior and everyone's only chance to leave" Alby continues explaining and confused.

"But- I-I thought you were dead?" Alby asks snapping to reality with tears prickled in his waterline looking me up and down.

"I was never dead, I was killing the grievers Alby, trying to find a way out, the only possible way out I can think of is locked, and hidden" I respond thoughts rushing my mind seeing his confused state.

"Would you like to resume place as leader?" Alby questions me and I shake my head, he seems almost worried like he has everything under control being leader and doesn't know what I am here for. My head is running a marathon, if I get back to the maze I can find the way out, I'm getting closer and closer to saving all those who have been ruined by WCKDs 'game'.

"I can't, I'm going back out there if I'm the way out, only I can find it" I answer and start running towards the doors knowing they shut soon as the sky light dimmers the minutes.

I here muffled voices from behind me and I hear someone catching up not far behind me.

Walking into the maze, I slowly walk further peacefully back into the place I know little too well. Thoughts rush through my head, I can't do this a second time around. I should have never came back.

"Y/N don't do this to me again, I just got you back" Minho shouts from the entrance, his voice echos into the walls, drumming at rhythm in my ear drum, he sounds sad.

I stop dead in my tracks and swivel my feet to look at him a emotionless expression on my face seeing his hurt structures at my escape back to the maze.

"In a bit Minho" I salute and sprint to the hidden door I know of so well, turning the wretched corners of the mechanical prism however-

To my surprise I hear muffled running from behind me, and I know it's one of the gladers, my problem being the door is now closed.

I stop and look behind me, then I see the familiar face turning the corner, Minho running towards me, what a idiot he is.

He runs up to me and stands beside me. Before he can talk I place a hand on his shoulder with a small frown looking into his eyes.

"You my friend, are a idiot" I sigh pulling his hand to motion him to run with me, and he carries on running for a second I almost catch him glance at mine and his hands intervened into each other's, but I couldn't let go until we were at my safe place, at-least this way he can meet Benji.

"Where are we going" he pants trying to keep up with my fast movements of legs looking around the maze as he is pulled by twisted corners of darkness hollow.

"The Hidden Safe Haven- X2" I reply quickly and Minho scrunches his face in confusion not knowing what I am talking about until we enter a different section and Minho watches around like a hawk at the place in utter disbelief.

"Why have I never seen this section before?" Minho questions staring down at the small stream by our feet.

"Because, it opens at night and closes by day, hence you never seen me in the maze during day" I answer and stop infront of the entrance to The Hidden Safe Haven- X2.

"This just gets stranger" Minho claims walking in beside me and it's almost as if I can feel his fire on the side of my face at this moment.

Why did he have to follow me?

A:N

Sorry short chapter not feeling the best recently, not much sleep, some school issues and stuff, hope everyone is staying healthy and safe.

If you don't mind, and if you enjoy please could you vote, thank-you for your time.