Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
╔═══════════════╗
𝚋𝚘𝚋
╚═══════════════╝

"We gotta go!" Hopper exclaimed, bursting into the room with Doctor Owens at his side. He scooped up Will and started running, everyone else following behind.

"Don't freak out, don't freak out, don't freak out-". Genie was whispering repeatedly to herself as she ran. She hardly noticed when Joyce yanked her into the small tech room where everybody cowered from the monsters outside.

The room was a frenzy as Owens, Hopper, Bob and Joyce tried to find a way out without encountering any miniflowerheads— Demogorgans, sorry.

"Look, this is us," Owens gestured to a spot on the screen, "And this is the nearest exit.  Even if we were to find a way to get there, there's no way out."

"What do you mean?" Hopper asked.

"The locks are fail-secure." Owens explained.

"Fail-secure?" Both Joyce and Hopper echoed.

"The building goes on lockdown if there's a power outage."

"Can it be unlocked remotely?" Bob stepped forward, staring at the screen.

"With a computer, yes but someone's gotta reset the breaker." Owens answered.

The adults continued bickering so Genie blocked them out. She composed herself again, prepared to fight for these people. She wouldn't let her hold on herself slip again. It was too dangerous.

When Bob's turned to leave was when Genie snapped back to reality.  "I need to go with." She argued.

"No, Genie, it's danger-"

"I know, that's why I need to come with." She cut off Bob before he could finish his sentence.  Bob was bewildered by the girl's bravery.  Of course, he didn't know of her inhuman powers yet.

"Fine, go with Bob." Joyce said, "Be careful, though."

"We'll be fine." Bob gave a hearty smile but Genie couldn't lift the grimace from her face, "Bob Newby superhero, remember?"

The two wandered through the dark halls of the lab, being directed by Dr Owens who spoke through a com.

Genie shuddered and forced away the flashbacks of her time here, afraid of getting distracted.

She probably looked as uncomfortable as she was because Bob placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile.

"We're gonna be alright, kiddo." He nodded confidently. Genie knew they weren't but his words made her relax a bit nonetheless.

It felt like a lifetime, walking down into the basement. When they did reach the room where the computer was, Genie only felt more nervous. Something was wrong.

While Bob typed away on the keyboard, Genie nervously fiddled her fingers. She knew that she wouldn't have much energy to use her powers for long. She'd used them a lot that night with little sleep in between.

"Right, I'll meet you outside." Bob said as he finished opening the door. Genie's nerves were on edge.

"Nice job." Owens said into the comm, "Hold on-"