Chapter 8

Felix's pov :

After Hyunjin had dropped me home, I walked in the door to find my parents sitting on the couch together, acting like they never fought.

"Felix! Son! You're back! How was school honey?" my mom asked me while inviting me to sit with them.

I nodded. "It was good mom, i'll be upstairs if you need me!" I shouted as I ran up the stairs.

I felt a pang in my heart. The moment I closed the room door behind me, I plopped onto my bed and felt tears coming out of my eyes.

I decided to skip dinner...again. But I felt asleep pretty quick so I didn't end up feeling the hunger.

the next day...

I woke up and the first thing on my mind was Hyunjin. How I missed him a lot, and how I was looking forward to seeing him again.

I quickly brushed my teeth, and changed my clothes. Just then, I got a text from my therapist.

therapist

therapist
hi felix, how are you?
would you mind stopping by
at the office later?
i wanna check up on how
you're doing :)

hi! i don't mind.
i'll be there after my classes,
so around 4pm.

therapist
ok! see you :)

I haven't been to my therapist in a while because I didn't feel like I needed to. I haven't been getting any anxiety attacks or anything lately, which is great for me.

Anyways, I went downstairs to have my breakfast. I didn't forget to take my anxiety medications before I left.
I was greeted by Hyunjin at the front gate.

"Hi lixie, how are you?" he asked.

"I'm doing really good actually" he smiled at my response.

"Hyunjin?" I asked to which he hummed in response.

"Thank you" I looked up at him.

"For what?" he asked with a curious look on his face.

"For being here, i've been doing better since you came" I smiled to him.

He turned his body to face me, and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll never leave your side, okay?"

I've never felt so safe in my life. I knew right then and there, that I really liked this boy. And that he means a lot to me.

Hyunjin's pov :

This boy makes me feel some type of way. A type of way no one's ever made me feel before. I'm sure that I like him now.

I walked into class with a smile on my face, which Chan seemed to have noticed.

"Aye, what are you so happy about. Mind telling your best friend?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"It's just, there's this one guy. I really like him, i've figured out my feelings just now" I told him feeling proud of myself.

"Hm? who is it?" he turned his head to me and asked with a curious tone.

"...Felix" I noticed the sudden change on his face when I told him that. A mixture of shock and an uneasy look plastered on his face.

"Chan, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"...nope" I admit, I knew something was up. I just didn't know how to approach both of them about it.

Shit.

I forgot to buy groceries and stuff for my parents' visit tomorrow. I'm definitely doing that after class ends.

Soon after my day at school ended, I saw Felix outside the school and decided to approach him, of course.

"Lixie!" I said as I gave him a big hug.

"Where are you off to?" I asked.

"My therapist, she just wants to check up on me" to which I just nodded.

"How bout' you?" he looked over at me.

"Ah, i'm buying a few things. My parents are coming over tomorrow and the house his empty"

"Can I come with? I wanna get my mind off things"

"Of course you can lix, are you okay though?"

"Mhm." he hummed in response.

We took my car to his therapist and I sat in the waiting room. After a good 35 mins of waiting, Felix came out with tears on his cheeks.

I stood up and ran over to give him a tight hug, he hugged back. I knew this was something normal during therapy sessions but I didn't like seeing him in pain.

"What happened lix?"

"We just had another heart to heart talk, i'm okay jinnie" he faintly smiled.

I nodded then we got into my car and drove to the grocery store.

"Okay so we need whole-wheat bread..." I read from my list as we searched through the aisles looking for things I need.
It wasn't much, they're only visiting for a while anyways.

"Is that all you need jin?" felix asked looking up at me.

"Mhm" I nodded.

I paid then we drove off.
I pulled up at Felix's driveway and he got out. Before he left, he quickly gave me a warm hug. I hugged back of course. We felt safe in each other's arms.