Chapter 5

Third person's pov :

Felix had arrived home from his tough day at school. He was greeted with a hug by his mom. Both his mom and his dad have no idea of what happened earlier, and he wasn't planning on telling them.

"Honey how was your day?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"Well, it was ok I guess" he replied.

Didn't even bother greeting his dad, he ran up to his room and shut the door behind him. He plopped onto his bed feeling so exhausted. Physically and mentally.
But he was glad Hyunjin had saved him earlier, and that he was there the whole time.

Felix was too tired to cry. But he felt lonelier than usual today so he called Hyunjin to thank him, and also because he couldn't be alone right now.

Calling...
" Hyunjin "

"Hyunjin!"

"Ah lix! Why'd you call? Are you alright?"

"I guess so"

"What do you mean you guess so? Are you sure?"

"I just don't feel like being alone right now, so I called."

"Thanks for earlier by the way..."

"Don't thank me lix, i'll always be here from now on"

"You don't have to Hyunjin"

"I want to, I wanna make sure you're okay"

"Oh o-okay"

"Sleep now, it's late. You have classes tomorrow"

"And so do you..."

"Let's both go to sleep now, i'll see you tomorrow okay lix?"

"Mhm"

"Goodnight lixie"

"Night night"

Felix ended the call and somehow forgot about his problems for a bit, and he fell asleep right away. He was tired after all.

The next day...

Hyunjin's pov :

I came to school later than usual which meant most people were in their classes already. Chan had already went to his first class and didn't bother waiting for me, even though he usually did.
He was acting a bit distant lately, but I chose to ignore it since I didn't wanna loose my best friend.

I walked into english, I noticed all eyes on me again. But my eyes were focused on Felix. He sat there with a bright smile on his face when he saw me.
I noticed the seat beside him was vacant today so I sat there.

"Hey lix, how are you?" I said while taking my notebook out of my bag.

"Doing better, kinda. I booked an appointment with my therapist, she's someone I could talk openly about what happened" he told me.

"You can talk openly to me about it too you know. But, tell me when you're ready of course" I gave him a smile and he nodded. We didn't interact much in class since we were busy taking notes.

After class I was supposed to ask him to have lunch with me and Chan. But before I could, he stood up, waved at me and left with Jisung.

Oh well...

I met up with Chan at out usual table. He had gotten there first, I saw that he already bought me food.

"Hey! Oh! Thanks for the food!" and I grabbed my wallet from my pocket, as I was about to pay him back, he held my arm and shook his head.

"So...um"

"Can I ask you a question jin?"

"Uh sure! What is it?" I said. He looked a bit serious too.

"Are you dating Felix?" my eyes widened with his question. I didn't even know If I liked him in that way. Although, I was fond of him.

"No, what made you ask that?" I asked in total confusion.

"Nothing" he answered, then proceeded to eat his food.

After eating lunch, I waved goodbye to Chan then rushed to my next class which was p.e.
There's not much that goes on during p.e, but i'm part of the basketball team. So we like to play a few games during this period.

I changed into my jersey and started playing with my friends. Everything was going well, it was pretty fun. Until josh from the other team had tackled me on the ground, by accident.

I winced in pain and my classmates automatically started surrounding me to check if I was okay.
I felt a sharp pain on my ankle so I couldn't pull myself to stand up.

Everything started to become blurry just then I heard a familiar voice call out.

"Hyunjin!" That was Felix.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" He said as he put my arm around his shoulder, picking me up.

"I'm okay lix, you don't need to do this" I told him.

"No Hyunjin, you're hurt. Let's get you to the clinic" And he walked me out of the crowd of students in the gym.

The walk to the nurses office was silent. Not an awkward silence though. Felix placed me on the bed and called out the nurse.

Unfortunately she couldn't do anything about it so she had to call a doctor to come and check on me.
Felix scooted me over and sat beside me, being careful of my leg.
He leaned his head on my shoulder and held my hand. I didn't know why he was doing this, but I loved it. He made me feel safe.

Soon after, the doctor came in to check up on my ankle. Turns out it's sprained, he suggested I stay home for at least 3 days or so to have it rested.

Sure, I was happy i'd miss a few days of classes. But the idea of staying home all those 3 days were hella boring. A pout left my face.

Felix cupped my cheek with his hand.

"Call me, I can come over to keep you company" he said while he looked into my eyes. I felt my heart racing, I felt butterflies in my stomach. What is this feeling.