58. change for me

[ i couldn't help it:( ]

Jae's pov

"Who was that?" I ask after Cassidy puts away her phone.

"My brother" she shrugs. "Don't you forget" she points a finger at me.

"How could I?" I wrap my hands around her waist.

"You always do" she scrunches her face. "Love you" she goes on her tiptoes to plant a small kiss on my lips before leaving the gym.

"Love you" I yell back,trailing my eyes down her body.

"Keep your eyes up" she says without turning. Before putting everything in my bag, I laugh and shake my head.

"I told you I'm going to pack" I chuckle after hearing the door gyms open again.

"Me and Cassidy share many qualities" I hear behind me, making my head snap up.

"The two that stand out the most to me are 1) we both want to be the bigger person, and 2) we always have the final word." I turn around and see Ellie walking in.

"What are you doing here?" I furrow my brows as she slowly walks across the gym.

"Hi JaeJae" she smiles. "We need to talk before you leave for Alberta tomorrow"

"Or are you hear to accept defeat?" I scoff and return my focus to my bag.

"You did a lot of flaunting, which consisted of you taking everything I cared about" she crosses her arms.

"There's wasn't much to take" I harshly close my zipper bag.

"I'm here because my 8-year-old self is furious that I've reopened that part of my heart. It sounds corny, but it's the only way I can get you to understand," she says as she comes to a halt in front of me. "I need closure."

"Look, it's nice to see you, but I have a date and a plane to catch," I adjust my glasses before moving to the right, but she steps in front of me.

"You're still lying?" She raises a brow.

"How-"

"I know everything about you" she rolls her eyes. "Sit"

I take a seat on the first step of the bleachers, thinking I won't be able to get out of this. While deep down, I knew she needed this to move forwards and grow.

I watch as she pulls out a foldable chair from the corner and places it in front of me before taking a seat.

"I need to teach you a lesson" she leans back.

"What-"

"You are egotistical and unkind. You are only concerned about yourself. To get what you want, you trample on innocent people. Being part of a relationship requires collaboration."

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" I narrow my eyes.

"No-"

"Then you have no right to tell me how to be in one" I scoff.

"You didn't let me finish" she holds out a finger. "No...but I was part of a team. A captain should not make their teammates do something they do not want to do. They don't pull the team down to achieve success. A captain inspires and motivates the team to lead far into the future. There's no I in team"