16. lazy

~~~~

"We'll be changing seats today!" Madame Brun smiles brightly to the class.

"I'm going to miss you." Conrad wipes a fake tear off his face. I laugh at his sarcasm. "Wow, you won't miss me?"

"Yes...I'll miss you." I roll my eyes, knowing it's genuinely true, although my reaction says otherwise. As we patiently wait for our names, I bury my head into my arms.

"Still tired?" Conrad asks. I sit up and squint at the bright lights. When my vision clears, I nod my head.

The concert still has its effects.

My parents are excited to know, I've had a lot of fun. I don't tell them the exact details to what happened. I've left out the sexual dancing and shirtless moments as they don't need to know everything.

"Conrad sit beside Eva." Madame calls for him. Conrad gives me props, one last time as partners, before moving to his new seat.

"Ellie sit next to Taron." Madame gives me an encouraging smile. I take my belongings and move to my designated seat.

"Yay!" Taron pulls me in a tight hug. I awkwardly hug her back. I get comfortable in my seat, listening to Madame call out the rest of the students.

~

"Okay now that we're done with the seats, I'll give you the rest of the period to work on your projects. This is the last class until your presentations, use it wisely." The class erupts with chairs sliding against the floor. Many notebooks and pencils are harshly placed on desks.

As I take out my materials, Jae sits in Taron's chair and Eric throws himself on a seat next to mine.

"Let's get this over with." Eric crosses his arms. He takes out the papers that are printed with our information. I insist he contribute to the group by using his printer—he doesn't mind.

I'm not surprised with their lack of involvement. I've spent my weekend researching, making charts and bullet points for our presentation. I don't complain as I prefer working alone. I want it to be organized without complications from others. Jae has sent me his part, but it isn't enough, so I've added more points. Plus, he has researched the wrong sections to his part, which makes it more difficult for me to fix the layout.

"Thank you," I say, when Jae hands me the poster board.

"Shoot, do you have glue?" I ask in between them and they shake their heads. I look around the class, debating whether to ask around.

"Claire!" Jae yells across the room. Her head turns to our direction. "Do you have glue?" He slowly walks up to her and she nods. They have a short conversation before Jae comes back with a glue stick in his hand.

Me and Jae straighten the posted board then begin working on this project.

~

"No, it would look better like this." Jae rearranges the pieces around the board.

"But...it would make sense to put it like this." I switch the papers to its original place. "It makes sense to put in order of how we present it."

"I got this," Eric stretches his arms. "I'm the visual expertise of this group. I know what I'm doing." he says in a French accent. Me and Jae roll our eyes, returning our attentions to our layout.

"Can't you just trust me." Jae takes the glue stick out of my hand. I sigh, nodding my head. I don't want to argue. "I'll do it tonight."

"Wasn't that easy?" Eric tries to comfort me but I scoff. It's not like he has done something beneficial. "You don't have to be rude about it."