30. this date

~~~~

I officially can't keep up.

"You don't have to rush!" I yell after Jae as he runs in a faster pace than me.

After our Taco Tuesday lunch, we were introduced to the next activity which is a scavenger hunt.

They've given each group a map. There are labels of different horse breeds hidden around the Ranch. The goal is to find each one.

They told us it wasn't much of a race. Instead, it's more of 'who can finish the hunt faster than the ultimate record among the whole group'? We're advised to have fun, to do our best, yet many took it as a competition—not surprised.

I was expecting to work with Taron and Eva this time around. Before I knew it, I was dragged outside the main cabin by the one and only, Jae.

Especially after the last activity, he's determined to get our lost win back. I honestly have the same ambition. We need to redeem ourselves. So here we are, running around into unknown parts of the Ranch. Jae's currently leading us to our second last label.

"There," Jae jogs up to the 'Mustang' label. I barely reach him when he asks, "did you check marked it?"

"Hold on," my numb hands take out the paper from my pocket. I manage to check it although I struggle, "done."

"Okay, let's go." Jae's already running in the opposite direction. I can't catch a break with him. I know he's eager to win, so am I, but we're practically ahead than everyone else. We have a lot of time to finish.

"Where is it?" Jae circles around the area we followed from the map.

I take a look at the crumple piece of paper. "I think it's down there," I point to the wooden fences behind our cabins. "Are we even allowed to go there?" I hesitate. Not only are there fences but bushes and trees which prevent a clear path to them. A major sign that we're not allowed.

"Let's see," Jae obviously walks up to the fences. I have no choice but to follow. We walk back and forth along them and nothing. We can't find any label.

In the distance we see someone running in our direction. "Conrad! Are you done?" Jae yells for him. Him and Taron seem to be running across a plain field of grass and melted snow.

"No!" Conrad screams back with Taron pulling him to their next point. At least I'm at more ease because it's too early on for a group to finish their hunt.

"Maybe it's on the other side," Jae jumps over the fence. I blankly look at him. He's kidding.

"Are you sure? There's a fence for a reason," I slowly approach it. The map clearly shows we're in the correct area—my side of the fence and not his.

"Then why is Conrad and Taron running here— cmon." He gives me his hand as assistance. He's for sure the type to jump off a cliff if his friends did as well.

"Cmon," he tilts his head. I grab his hand, the feeling mutual, then climb the wood. I swing my leg over, finding my balance, before jumping down.

Jae catches me before my feet land. "See that wasn't too bad," he keeps me stable.

"I still don't think the label is here," I roll my eyes. I have instincts and they're telling me that we're wrong. Nevertheless, I let him drag me along. We jog parallel to the fences, scanning the posts as we run by them. We approach a gate at the end and Jae notices a familiar label.

"Hell yes!" he exclaims very proudly. It's our last one after all but I think it's not right. My gut and the map I'm double checking tells me likewise.

"I don't think it is—look," I show him the map. I explain how the label we're in front of is farther than the trees and cabins we've been at. The actual label we need to find is around the place we were before but, Jae doesn't seem to believe me.