Communication

February 9th, 2018

9:55 am

"Hazel!" A voice screams for the caramel colored girl hair.

"Get out of the shower, Madeline is here!" Will screamed.

That statement was enough for Hazel's heart to drop, quickly shutting the water pressure off, sprinting out of the shower.

She didn't give herself time to dry her skin, the uncomfortable feeling of dry clothes sticking to her pale skin made her nauseous. Though she didn't care as she raced out of the bathroom, her hair dripping with water behind her.

"What do you mean she's here, on the radio?!" She frankly asks, staring at Will.

He nods eagerly, signaling her to follow him to his room where the radio was sitting on the desk.

"I booted the radio up last night, switching it to the usual station--not really thinking anyone was going to communicate with us--but I woke up to her. She's here!" Will spoke a mile a minute.

A smile appears on Hazel's face as she watches Will sit back down in the chair, lifting the microphone up to his mouth to speak into.

"Madeline, are you okay?" He asked.

The two of them waited, staring at the radio. Finally, a mumbled voice speaks in reply. "Will? Is that you? Oh my god." she laughs, tears glowing in Hazel's eyes as she felt shocked to say the least.

"Yes. William and Hazel. We're here." he smiles, stealing a quick glance at me, relief in his eyes.

"You sound normal." He then says and Madeline lets out another laugh. "I currently am, but I might not be for long until Luna comes back looking for me."

The two witches were confused, Hazel crouched down beside Will, speaking into the mic. "Madeline what is happening? Are you still imprinted to Luna?" "Yes. But the spell doesn't work as long as my imprint master is away from me from a certain distance." Madeline explains.

"I switch back my imprint side once she finds me again--but while I'm Madeline I need to tell you guys something important, very important." she adds.

Will furrowed his eyebrows, nodding in response. "Alright, go ahead."

Madeline continues. "Look, Drew is on the other side and he is not what he used to be--like last year. He has taken over the other side, and he made a deal with Xavier for it."

Hazel's eyes widened at Madeline's words. Her stomach drops as the thought of Drew taking over the place, being the complete opposite of what he was like a year ago sinks further into her mind.

"God.." Will's trails off. "What else?"

"Not only that--Drew does a horrible job at it and the other side is well...ending." she simply says. Hazel's heart beats only faster at this point. "What the hell do you mean its ending?"

"We're kinda thinking the same thing, though it's storming literally everyday, and ever since I got here, I've completely forgotten about what the sun looks like--or any sunshine once so ever. The storms are just getting worse at this, and it's only getting so worse until they lose control and we all well--die again?" Madeline's voice cracked at the end of what she called a statement.

The microphone that Will held in his hand was starting to shake from the intensity. "What about the imprint spell? Do you think there's any way you can try to find a spell to break it?" He suddenly asks.

The other line went blank, until Madeline finally sighs. "I'm not sure, I'm not totally always in the headspace for that type of stuff, yknow?" Will and Hazel nod. "I know--we know. Just try to stay strong for us, will ya?"