I took in a sharp intake of air at his words, feeling my blood boil. What kind of father was he to say those words to his son? CaVaughn had always tried his hardest to be worthy of his title, no matter how much he was suffering.

“How could you say something so cruel?!” the queen yelled, tears now clouding her cerulean eyes. “Do you have any idea how desperate I was to see my son again? He is back now and I will not allow you to lay a finger on him!”

“He’s only alive because of the Origin blood running through his veins!”

“And his Origen blood is still running through his veins too! Our blood!”

“Something so tainted can never be called an Origen! Are you trying to insult us?! He’s worse than an Omega now!”

“He is still your son,” Aston spat through clenched teeth.

“My son died yesterday in that hospital. My son died as a valiant prince, an Alpha who tried to complete his mission. CaVaughn Arman-Ordell DeLorentes is dead. This thing that stands before me is no son of mine. That thing is a danger to us all.”

CaVaughn observed everything expressionlessly. He must have the patience of a saint because even I was having trouble staying in place and not slapping the king right across his face.

“You will not lift a finger to hurt my baby,” the queen growled. “You have killed people precious to me. Cav is someone I will not let you take away. You will have to go through me first.”

The king scoffed. “You’re about as intimidating as a human. Go against me and your people will suffer. Don't forget that I hold the kingdom of Nalway in the palm of my hand.”

“I will do whatever it takes,” she seethed. “You will only kill him over my dead body.”

“That can be arranged.”

“Don’t you even f*cking dare!” Ashton growled, moving towards them. He glared at his father. The animosity raged hot in his eyes. “Try it and I’ll see that you’re the one who needs a funeral.”

“Stop this!” A greying man boomed. “With all this talk of killing, the entire royal family will be eradicated. We will discuss how best to deal with this-” He glanced at CaVaughn, trying to find the words, “This travesty.”

“It’s an abomination,” someone echoed.

The king was seething now. He and Ashton were chest to chest, teeth bared and their canines extended.

“Ashton, stand down,” CaVaughn said, pulling Ashton back from the king.

Ashton stared at him, surprised at how easily he'd managed to pull him away. CaVaughn’s strength had been amplified. He had always been physically stronger than the others in his regular form, now he seemed almost invincible. 

He casually stuck his hands in his pocket and sighed, looking around at the faces of his family. The queen’s eyes were dark and threatening, like a mother wolf protecting her child from a dangerous predator. Only this predator was her husband.

“You might be a little out of it coming back from the dead and all, but if you haven’t realized by now, he is planning to kill you,” Ashton growled.

“He can try. Let’s see if I can be killed.”

The king snarled at this challenge. “If legends stand, Origins are near immortal, but you are a semi-Origin— a mere half breed. There is no way you-”

“We’ll see,” CaVaughn said, rolling his eyes.

“You should not exist.”

“Death didn’t want me.”

“Neither do we.”

“Then kill me if you can.”

“CaVaughn!” the queen yelled. “No more talk of this! You are alive and that is all that matters.”

“Wise counsellors and sagacious advisors of the kingdom, you see the urgent issue that has now arisen. Let us quickly come to a decision regarding this matter,” the old man spoke in a solemn tone. “We must deal with this swiftly and secretly. If word of this should get out, The Origen Association will act. The losses will be great.”

The king’s eyes were hard and cold as ice as he stared at his son. CaVaughn stared back, his eyes distant and detached. He wrapped an around his mom’s shoulder, turned and walked out of the room.

My mind was whirring with the events that had just transpired. It hadn’t completely sunk in that this was all real. They wanted to get rid of CaVaughn, their own prince.

Ashton glanced at me to make sure I was a good distance from the king and then backed away from him. The king growled in warning and he returned it. He grabbed my hand and we left the room.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

After hearing about his change, the king has rejected CaVaughn! Did you expect that?

What will the council's decision be? Will the Origen Association step in?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!