Chapter Twenty-Five: Help Me Relax

I'm sorry about all the delays! Happy New Year's day though! I hope you guys had an awesome night, and for those that can, aren't too hung over. ;) I know I'm sitting pretty comfortable. :P Here's a surprise update- I was going to wait a little bit. I go back to school in less than a week, but I hope to get some more updates written for you guys so I don't leave you hanging. I don't want to leave these stories unfinished come summertime! 

Either way, comment and vote! I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter Twenty-Five: Help Me Relax

Natalie slept a peaceful night while Parker laid awake next to her, holding her, and staring at the ceiling. She crouched into his side, and their bare chests touched. He thought about what he had said to her and remembered almost two months ago when he was a player, having sex with other girls, and a part of the crowd. Things had changed for him. He got closer to Natalie- who finally let down her shell, and Jackson became the only other person to talk with.

He looked down at her and saw a young beautiful woman. The things he told her- her parents dying, her being an agent for the government didn’t seem real. He didn’t want to believe him, however, he did. He trusted her.

Now, he’s so far deep into her, wanting her, wanting to be with her, he knows that he needs to stop the government from taking her from him. He needed a plan, and he needed to keep her safe with him forever.

He wanted her forever, which scared the hell out of him.

Did she love him too, or was that the flaw in his whole plan. What if she wanted to leave and get away from everything- including him?

He shook the thought away and rested his head on the pillow closer to hers. He turned on his side, and wrapped his arm around her. She burrowed into his chest, and he smiled.

Never in a million years did I think I would be sleeping almost naked with Natalie, he thought. I love it.

***

The both slept in late, since neither of them were going to school. Natalie woke up first and turned around in Parker’s arm to see that it was past noon. She moved his arm and crept out of bed to walk downstairs after pulling on his shirt from the ground. She turned on the news, and stretched her sore muscles. She knew that she was going to get hell for not going to practice tonight. She need she had to be ready to go at 3PM. It was the day before states.

She wouldn’t have remembered if it wasn’t for the news talking about their school going to states. It showed videos of her goals, and an interview or two with her coach and the other team’s coach.

She went into the kitchen and started to pull out some lettuce to make salads and some chicken from the freezer. She put the chicken in the oven, and started to cut up lettuce for a salad for the two of them. She checked her phone and saw a missed call from Jackson.

She called assured that she was fine, since Parker left him last night in quite a hurry, and that they were taking the day off. She remembered that it was the day before states, and people at school were worried about the ‘star player.’ Natalie blushed and got off the phone- scolding him for using it in school. She agreed to have him come over after practice today, and the three of them could hang out. She missed that- more than anything did.

When the food was done, she walked up stairs, trying to keep her walk natural, and shook Parker awake.

                “What?” He asked, “Are you okay?”