The Man's His Own Chapter 12

Danielle and Alana stood outside the Wire Grill they looked at each other, Danielle hugged her sister and took a deep breath,

"So shall we go in Lonz," She asked,

"Well duh D we work here." Alana laughed,

"Then I guess we better go in." Danielle smiled.

"You're gonna like so love working here D." Alana said as she pushed the door open.

"Well lookie here two eager beavers a full twenty minutes early to work." Este said greeting the sisters.

"Yup that's us." Alana said, Danielle smiled and nodded at Este.

"Coolio." Este replied, "I've just got a few things here to sort out then I'll be right with you. Alana if you want you could give Danielle a quick tour of everything."

"Ah yeah sure, come on this way D I'll show you where we can leave our bags." Alana said taking Danielle's hand and pulling her past Este.

Eventually Este finished her paperwork and entered the kitchen, Danielle was slowly walking around looking at everything,

"Settling in?" Este asked, "You'll notice the kitchen is still the same, however I've spoken with Dash at length and we would be really happy for you to look over our current menu selections, I was kinda hoping you'd add the dishes we tried the other day and if you have any more yummy suggestions I give you full approval with adding removing whatever you want from the menu."

"What about the current menu and your other chef?" Danielle hesitantly asked,

"Andrew is the other chef, you''ll meet him this afternoon, I think the change of menu will be good all round, Andrew tends to stick to the basics which you can find and order from just about anywhere," Este explained, "What we need and I hope that by hiring you we can now get is a new twist on the basics with that added flare that's going to make people want to come back again and again and again because they just can't get enough of the wonderful taste of flavours exploding in their mouths." 

"Damn D pressure's on to deliver." Alana teased.

"Oh no Alana I'm not trying to put any pressure on Danielle, I'd never do that to you." Este said looking directly at Danielle, "That's the last thing I'd do, all I'm saying is I've tasted your food and I know just how amazing it is that I hope everybody else will realize this and keep coming back for more."

Danielle smiled, "I guess we'll find out soon enough."

Este handed Danielle the lunch and dinner menus. "Good. You've got the run of the kitchen so take a look over these and change whatever you want."

Danielle looked over the menus and after a quick glance decided to make up two brand new menus ready to be offered that day.

"I think I know what we need to improve the menu Lonz." Danielle told her sister,

"YES." Alana shouted fist pumping the air,

"OK lets see if we can't organize a specials board, you up for doing some decorations on the board?" Danielle asked,

"I thought you'd never ask." Alana smiled. 

They go back out into the bar and locate the current menu board,  it's a pretty dull board with a badly drawn steak and fries and the current menu,

"Este do you mind if we like re do this menu board?" Danielle asks, "I was thinking we make it a specials board, like paint over it in black paint and Alana could draw some new pictures."

"Ah yeah sounds good, Dash should be down shortly you could ask him to get some paint." Este said, "What about the main menu though?"

"We'll get temporary menus made up that we can hand to people and if you like them get proper ones done later." Danielle told her.