15. Shunned ...

Start bij het begin

*******

As soon as the door to Sandeep's aparetment opened, a scowling face appeared infront of Khusi. It belonged to Sandeep's mother, Bhaskar's Jethima.

(Bhaskar's father's elder brother's wife.)

Apathetic to the woman's expressions, Khusi gave a wife grin before tettering inside, hugging Taniya on her way.

"Why is she here Bhaskar? I told you, I don't want any bad omen on my son's lucky day?" Khusi heard the faint whipser of Bhaskar's Jethima, as she chided him.

"I told you, if I came, she will too. We both can leave right now, if you have a problem." Bhaskar was already too mentally disturbed to bear harsh words from his family.

"No, stay. Just keep her away from Sandeep and Riya." Riya was Sandeep's would be fiancé. Rolling her eyes, Khusi herself took the initiative and went in search of Riya to meet her.

"Hey." As soon as she saw a girl, sitting in a light pink legenga, makeup artists hovering over her, she quickly introduced herself, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you too Khusi. Sandeep had told me a lot about you and Bhaskar da." The two quickly bonded over, giggling over how Sandeep proposed her, Annanya also joining them.

When it was time for the ceremony to start, Keya Goswami came to the room to fetch Riya. But as soon as she saw Khusi beside her, her blood boiled.

"Khusi, stay away from her. Do you wanna curse her too, and turn her like you?" Keya growled, harshly pulling Khusi away from Riya. All the ladies' eyes widened at Keya's behaviour towards her daughter in law.

"Mom! What kind of behaviour is this?" Khusi yelled, pulling her hand away from Keya's rigid grip. She was flabbergasted.

"Oh, don't try to act nonchalant now. You are infertile, and I don't want Riya to face the same fate. Stay away."

Several gasps rang in the room.

"You're being ridiculous right now. This isn't contagious!"

"You will bring bad luck for the new couple!" Bhaskar's Jethima rebuked her.

"Shut up!" Khusi hissed, frustration vivid on her face.

"Khusi!" Bhaskar appeared beside his mother, their words echoing in the whole apartment.

"Your wife seriously have the guts to speak to me like that, after bringing sorrow to all of our lives. Discipline her Bhaskar," Keya jeered, giving Khusi a stink eye. 

Khusi huffed at her mother in laws words. Has she lost it? What was wrong with being infertile?

"This is all your fault," Keya gritted on Khusi face, her visage malicious.

"No it isn't."

"It is. You acted like you never wanted a child, but you knew from the very beginning that you're infertile. That's why you made up all your stupid drama, to hide your infertility."

"What is there to hide in it!?" Khusi threw her hand in the air, bewildered at Keya's words. Bhaskar gulped down a lumb in his throat, not sure whom to support anymore.

"Huh! Don't try to act now. Leave, before you bring anymore havoc in our life. Just leave."

Riya and Sandeep passed her an apologetic look, when Khusi walked out of their apartment, Bhaskar hot on her heels.

*******

Vote and Comment, 🌟💬

if you're liking my story 😇🥰

See'Ya ❤💫

See'Ya ❤💫

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.