twenty-six

Naira glanced at the clock, knowing it was time to sneak Kyle away. Technically, she wasn't lying to the boys, and she did want to respect Kyle's privacy. 

But even Naira knew that his friends would be a better support system than just her. 

Kyle would go to therapy every week, and Naira managed to pay for the nutritionist with her own money. She still had to work out the details with the company's finances, but for the time being she found it best to use her own salary to help Kyle. She didn't tell him it was her paying it because she knew he would insist to pay it himself. 

She sighed, adjusting her glasses. I need to get on that today. If I move the expenses around, cut off the unnecessary purchases in costume designs, we should have the surplus we need to pay a full time nutritionist. 

Kyle cleared his throat, grabbing her attention as his head gestured to the door. 

She pushed herself off the wall, turning off the music and causing the other two to abruptly bump into each other with a groan. 

"What the hell, Naira?" grumbled Rayan as he rubbed his head. "We were in the middle of practice." 

She narrowed her eyes at him, pointedly, scowling. "Well, I'm sorry that I need to keep you guys on schedule," she huffed. "Kyle has an appointment and you two need to meet with the nutritionist." 

At this, Wesley and Rayan perked up with interest. Their eyes sparked curiosity, an eager expression painting across their features. The interest in their routine vanished as quickly as the words on their lips. 

"We're getting a nutritionist?" asked Wesley, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Does this mean you found out about how we sneak food into our rooms?" 

"Shut the fuck up!" hissed Kyle, slapping his friend's chest. 

Rayan face palmed. "Nice going, genius."

"Ouch," Wesley frowned, rubbing his chest. "She was going to find out anyway."

Before they could bicker anymore, Naira held her hand in the air, silencing them with one stern look. All three men stared at her, lips sewn shut by her harsh gaze. Their obedience rang like collars around their necks, and Naira knew she had the effect to tame a rowdy boy band. 

She couldn't stop the pleased smile. "Now that I have your attention, you all will meet with the nutritionist while she makes your meal plan for the week, including what changes we need to make to ensure you get all the nutrients you need. Understood?"

Kyle raised his hand like he was a student, making the other boys snicker. 

"Yes, Kyle?" 

"Is she cute?" he asked cheekily. 

This time, Wesley punched his arm. "Dude, mind out of the gutter. The nutritionist is here to do her job, not to do you," he scolded. 

"So Rayan can flirt with our manager, but I can't do the same thing."

"You haven't even met her!" 

The clock was ticking, and she really did not want to mediate another fight between the two. "As amusing as this is, we have appointments to get to," she reminded them, expression turning as rigid as a winter storm. All three visibly winced at the coldness of her glare. "If I get another email or message about any of you being tardy, I swear to you I will not let you live it down. You have been warned."

Kyle immediately ran to the door, looking over his shoulder. "I'm out, y'all. That's a woman I do not want to mess with," he said as the door closed behind him. 

"I'm not that scary," mumbled Naira to herself.

A deep voice murmured in her ear, causing her to jump. "Hate to break it to you, love, but you are."

Naira stepped away, putting a safe distance between them. His voice still rang in her head, the sensual tone feathering her skin and engulfing her in his warmth. The light-hearted tone that she'd come to love continued to fight against her walls. 

Nothing between them changed over the weeks, yet the sparks continued to grow, fanning the fire until Naira's eyes saw the same haze of romance that he did, till she too could envision a future with a man like Rayan. 

He was chuckling, looking through his hooded lashes as the emerald peeked through, jewels that made her heart race as she lost her breath. 

Pull it together, Naira.

"So, what's the deal with the nutritionist anyway? You know we eat right," he stated like it was a fact.

His voice broke her from her thoughts and back into the present. "Having abs doesn't mean you're the epitome of health," she said, grabbing her clipboard to check her tasks for the day. "There are plenty of good-looking men and women who have health problems that come from their lack of eating right."

"But we eat right," defended Rayan. 

Naira looked up from her board, raising her brow in amusement. "Yeah?" she challenged. "You eat veggies or iron-enriched foods? How about at least three different fruits in a day?"

Rayan's gaze met Wesley's, a silent plea for help. "Well... uh... we eat plenty of protein."

She deadpanned, wondering if international popstars could really take their health for granted like that. With all the money in the world, the trio still didn't know how to take care of themselves. 

"Protein is only one category." 

This time, Wesley attempted to save his friend from her darting glaciers. "We have fruits and vegetables sometimes and plenty of rice," he boasted proudly. 

Rayan and Wesley shared a quick fist bump in their victory, pleased to have each other's backs even when Naira did not submit to defeat. Little did they know that Naira was well-versed in health.

"Sometimes is not all the time, and rice by itself is an empty carbohydrate that can't give you all your nutritional needs unless it's paired with other dishes," she pointed out. "Now, do you still wonder why you need a nutritionist or should I go over the reasons again?" 

Rayan's shoulders slumped in defeat. "Yeah, I get it. We need to take better care of ourselves." 

"You do."

"And we should pay more attention to our health."

"You should."

"Damn it, Naira. Can't you give me a win here?" he pouted like an injured puppy, whining a little as he did. "Tell me I'm being hard on myself or that I'm a genius you admire." 

"Even a genius among idiots will seem stupid," she said with a sly grin.

Rayan took her challenge with a smile. "Not if you're the idiot as well." 

She raised her brow. "That's a lot of disrespect towards your manager, Idrissi." 

He opened his mouth to say more, but Wesley grabbed his arm pulling him away. "Pick your battles, man," he advised before turning to her. "We'll take our leave here. I apologize on his behalf."

"Wesley, come on!"

"Shut up and just listen to her, you damn fool."

"Wesley!"

The more time she spent with them, the easier it was for her to smile. With the Red Knights, Naira remembered the childhood joy she abandoned long ago.

----

Pretty chill chapter with our boys. Nothing too heavy (mostly because my brain is fried taking all these exams). Unfortunately I have another L to take this week too.

Isn't Rayan such a cutie? Naira's job is to be with a boy band and she doesn't even fangirl T-T like girl.

Don't worry, much more romantic scenes are coming up along with some Jax scenes. I just wanted to let loose and write something funny.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!