Epilogue

Lexa made her way to her room without looking back, Luna's stare felt heavy on her back while she was walking.

She locked the door and let herself sink in the bed, head under the pillow trying not to sob too loud. What the hell was that? What joke is this? Where are the cameras? She was still wrapping her mind around the idea that Clarke was in fact her beloved girl behind the screen; but was it really possible? Of course it was but Lexa still wanted to find all the reasons against this raw reality.

Instead her mind was full of all the hints she never got: all the times her girlfriend ignored her Lexa was with Clarke, when the blonde had that accident with her ex the stranger never texted her, she also knew about her job and it slipped out when she drunk texted Lexa. Shit. So it was real. Clarke was really her girlfriend. Why hide it though? Why would she lie all those times, they had a fight just because Clarke had this big secret. She still managed to argue with Lexa even though she was going through a really rough time just for the sake of what? A fucking lie.

Lexa heard a knock on the door and she reluctantly got up to open it "Lexa you have to tell me every-" her eyes met Lexa's, they were red just like her cheeks because of the tears that were still rolling slowly down her face "Hey hey hey, what happened? She didn't show up? Tell me she did because if she left you there I'm really gonna kick her ass so bad" Luna gently hugged Lexa and started rubbing her back, the brunette hired her face n the crook of her cousin's neck and whispered "Clarke..." they sat down still tangled together "What did she do?" "The stranger" Luna was really confused but stayed quiet to give Lexa all the time she needed.

A few minutes later Lexa broke the hug and wiped her eyes "C-Clarke... She's- it's her Luna, all this time it was her" "Clarke's the stranger? Your girlfriend? She's the one who texted you all this time?" Lexa nodded and raised her eyes to meet Luna's again "And she lied all this time... She just lied like it was nothing" Luna's voice was shocked but mostly angry, she stroke Lexa's cheek "And what did you do?" "I freaked out and I got angry a-and... I-" she sighed and continued "I told her to go away" "You didn't give her time to explain?" "Of course not Luna! I honestly don't care... She lied and what did she expect exactly? She thought that I would be happy and we would be together? How would I ever be able to trust her after this?" Lexa raised her voice a few times while speaking and Luna had to hug her to calm her down "She made me feel like a monster for cheating on her... With her" she whispered in a shaky breath against Luna's neck.

Luna ran a hand through Lexa's hair "Hey Lexie it's okay... You did the right thing, it'll get better. I promise" Lexa started crying again, she curled up next to Luna and they stayed still.

One minute passed. Two. Five. Twenty. And in what felt like a blink of eye an hour flew away; the brunette was now asleep, head resting on Luna's lap while her cousin kept rubbing her back, after a while more Luna also called asleep.

---

When Clarke got home that day all her friends were there, waiting.

Those once bright blue eyes were now dull and sad, almost empty. Lexa's reaction really hit her, she knew it was going to be hard but she never expected something that catastrophic.

They tried to talk to her, they wanted to understand what went wrong but deep down they all knew what was going to happen. The group waited in the living room for almost two hours, only Raven went to check on the blonde once in a while to help her.

She eventually came down and none of them was surprised when they saw Clarke dragging a suitcase down the stairs, she grabbed her backpack from a corner of the room and looked at them but they all noticed how her eyes weren't actually looking, they were lost somewhere else just like her mind.

"Are you planning on living in my house until I come back?" Clarke forced a smile and leaned against the wall next to the front door, eyes still far away "Give us something before leaving Clarke, a quick summary of what happened" Octavia tried to get even the smallest piece of information, unsuccessfully "I happened, that's it. But you all already knew, didn't you?" her friends nodded, Murphy looked away trying to come to terms with the fact that it was happening again.

"Why don't you stay this time?" the tall guy spoke without even thinking and he brought his eyes back on her blonde friend "You know Murphy I though about it, at first I was thinking that maybe I could have tried to stay and fix everything" Clarke paused for a second wiping a tear from her cheek "But she made it clear" Raven took a step in her direction, brows furrowed and she put a hand on Clarke's shoulder 'What do you mean?" the blonde slowly shook her head trying not to break "She took it bad, really bad and now... Well she told me to go away she wants nothing to do with me" she tightened her hold on the suitcase and close her eyes for a few seconds "But that doesn't mean you have to leave literally" "Tavia, trust me I would stay if I could" "But you can" Murphy blurted out and everyone looked at him. "Clarke... Please woman up and face your problems, face your fears. Win them for fuck sake! You're not alone in this and you'll never be so don't isolate, stay with us" he rubbed his face after his speech hoping to change her mind but she just shrugged "I'm gonna lose my flight if I don't leave" he sighed and went in another room slamming the door, Raven followed him.

Bellamy, that had been quiet the whole time looked at Octavia and then at Clarke, he took a deep breath and shoot his shot "Where are you going?" "I don't know... Probably back home" he hummed interested "What if I come with you?" both Clarke and Octavia looked at him like he had just spoken in another language "We are worried for you but you feel like you have to go, I can work from everywhere and I swear I won't be a dead weight" Octavia gave him a surprised look and crossed her fingers behind her back hoping that Clarke would accept. The blonde nodded after a long anxious moment "Fine... But just because it's you and you're the least annoying of them all" she giggled and for a second it felt like her eyes had lighten up.

When the other two came back they all said their goodbyes and Clarke and Bellamy left for the airport after stopping at the boy's house to let him pack his stuff.

It was time to go back home and start over.

the end (for real)

****

You can find the sequel on my profile, Hi stranger #2

-Sam