Chapter 35

"Hey babygirl"

Lexa's smile widened as she said those words out loud, nothing came in return, another long moment of silence followed.

She decided to try again "Can you hear me?" she finally heard a small 'mh-mh' in response and sighed "If you're afraid to talk it's okay... You don't have to answer"

Clarke took a deep breath before speaking, her voice was shaky and Lexa felt her anxiousness through it "Hi stranger..." the blonde let out also a giggle, she couldn't believe that she was really doing this, it was insane... Why was she so happy to hear her voice? They've spoken already, lots of times. The thing was, she was now able to speak without a filter, she didn't had to pretend to like someone else while talking to Lexa, because that someone else was Lexa and she had her right there. In a certain way.

"It's good to hear your voice" Lexa was still smiling, she was laying on her bed with a dumb smile on her face "It's good to hear yours too" her girlfriend's voice was oddly familiar, but she thought it was just because of all the times she imagined it in her mind while texting her. "What were you doing?" "Nothing much, my friends are all out so I'm home alone" Lexa instinctively bit her lip "Home alone huh?"

 "What were you doing?" "Nothing much, my friends are all out so I'm home alone" Lexa instinctively bit her lip "Home alone huh?"