Chapter 80

Lexa was anxiously pacing around a few trees in a corner of the park waiting for any kind of sign. A call, a text or even just some suspicious-looking girl. She kept telling herself that maybe her girlfriend wasn't ready after all, she said 20 minutes and Lexa had been waiting for almost 30, 28 minutes and 37 seconds to be exact.

She was still walking on her now marked path when she heard a familiar voice, shaky and almost as anxious as her "Hi stranger" Impossible. Why was she here? Why did she call her with that nickname? Lexa turned around and she saw her: breathtaking curves, long blonde hair and those bright oceanic eyes. That now looked like the sea during a storm, restless, turbulent.
"Clarke?" the blonde girl made an insecure step forward and shrugged to regain confidence "Hi Lexa" Lexa blinked a few times trying to understand "What are you- Why did you- How?" the confusion in Lexa's mind messed up her ability to form complete sentences "It's me" Clarke chose the easiest answer to explain everything, quick like when you have to remove a band-aid.

Lexa stayed quiet for a few long moments, connecting the dots in her mind and when it finally clicked her eyes filled with a mix of frustration and sadness, but also confusion and disappointment. Her whole expression changed and Clarke felt her heart cracking open in that moment.

"You... The number on my phone is yours" Clarke simply nodded knowing that Lexa wasn't finished, she had just started "You knew. But why hide it? Why didn't you tell me?" a tear slowly ran down Lexa's face "Lexa I-" "You made me feel like shit for a whole day and you did nothing about it? No no no, not only you made me hate myself because I cheated on my girlfriend but you lied to me for almost a month you just kept lying and lying" the brunette laughed in shock "What kind of person does that? Every time you asked me about my girlfriend every time you told me about yours... It was all a game for you. Is that why you tried to kiss me so many fucking times?! God I should have understood that sooner" she rubbed her face with a hand and mumbled "And I had no idea"

"Lexa let me-" "No. You don't get to do anything, you don't get to explain why you don't get to find excuses. You made me feel like a monster, I felt bad also when I turned you down that night you know that? When you first tried to kiss me I said that I already liked someone else but it was still you, it was always you. Just tell one thing have you ever felt even a little bit bad about what you were doing?" Clarke swallowed hard "Of course I felt bad but I acted like a coward, Lexa y-" "Enough Clarke. I don't wanna hear anything more from you, not a single word" Lexa shook her head wiping another tear "I don't even want to know why you did it, I don't care if you had your reasons you were selfish and yes you acted like a coward. The biggest of all" Clarke sighed and opened her mouth to speak again but no sound came out of it, instead Lexa spoke again "Go. Just go I don't want to see you" "Never again?" Clarke's voice was shaking more than earlier "No. Yes. Maybe. Ugh I don't know just go away now" Lexa turned and started walking.

Clarke stood still watching her as she left and after that she stayed there, petrified in that moment for who knows how many seconds. Finally she moved, she turned around slowly and dragged herself back home with Lexa's words printed in her mind. Go away.

•the end•

****

Guys we did it! This is the end of the journey. I know I know it's an open ending but that's what I wanted, since the beginning I knew how it had to end and I hope you won't hate me too much.

I hope to see you all soon in my next work, lots of kudos!

-Sam