Chapter 46: Wines and Lies

Start from the beginning

The vogue heiress felt the usually calm and collected male suddenly stiffen right after he had asked the question. However, she didn't question it and remained to have her eyes closed. He had something on his mind, she thought.

Jennie slowly collided her two hands and wrapped them around Vantae's hand of the arm that she lay on, intertwining her fingers into his, and her free hand gently caressed the top of his.

"Taehyung, Baby....you don't have to say it for me to know. I've always felt it, even when you were gone and away."

Vantae's body had instinctively calmed and softened, as if melting in the same way his heart was. He hadn't thought it was possible to love her more than he already did.

He was dumbfounded. Dumbfounded at how the beautiful, cold, aloof and distant heiress who no one had the courage to go up to would end up being the one to melt the infamous young master of the Red Phoenix Yakuza. One who's heart was known to be unmovable and unloveable underneath all that exterior.

He used his free hand to reach out for Jennie's head, preciously moving a strand of hair to the back of her ear, and pushing whilst angling her head lightly towards him.

Once she was near enough, he could feel the calm beating of her heart. He realised that she was slowly falling asleep, so he had kissed her head before whispering, "goodnight, jen" to her. Never letting go of her grasp even as hers had slowly loosened when she had fallen asleep.

However, Kim Vantae could not close his eyes, not even for a flash due to this thoughts. It was impossible. Utterly impossible. Not when the images of the messages he had received kept flashing in his head.

Jeon Jeongguk
"Have you told her yet?"

Jeon Jeongguk
"She's not just 'someone' Taehyung"

Jeon Jeongguk
"she's gonna be your wife"

Jeon Jeongguk
"This will determine if she'll still marry you or not, please allow her to have the chance of knowing."

He was fucked. Actually fucked. Especially when someone like Jeongguk who would never pass on a chance to annoy him by pretending to flirt with Jen, suddenly texts him something so serious such as Jennie's decision on marriage.

_
A few hours had gone by and after taking a warm bath to remove the fatigue that continued to drag her, Jennie had dressed up to head out.

The smell of fragrant blossoms swarmed the air around her. She vaguely remembered not ordering any scents nor essential oils, not till next week at least. She just bought new ones 2 weeks ago and she barely home last and this week.

However, as she further stepped out of her room and had gone downstairs to her main floor, she found every part of the house scattered with daisies. Her favourites. God did she have a bad opinion towards red roses.

She liked the simpler more elegant things in life.

"Ms Jennie, while you were inside your room butlers had entered the Villa and had-" her helped tried to explain, a frantic and panicked expression on the helper's features.

"It's okay Mary, don't worry" she lightly chuckled before nodding along that Mary may go on her initial way.

Just at the center of her drawing room where she usually had her tea, at the heart of the low coffee table, a bouquet of 24 white roses lay down with a simply ribbon and a letter attached to it.